cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Tim999
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Fax to email and fax archiving to Mac or network drive

HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro MFP M521dn

Hi

I am thinking of buying this MFP for a nework of Mac computers. I need the ability to archive fax to computer or network drive or fax to email. Can this be done with this printer.  If not are there any alternatives

Thanks

Tim

0 Kudos
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShlomiL
Level 17
Level 17
32,245 31,954 5,487 12,870
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Tim,

The HP Laserjet Pro M251dn does not offer any digital fax archiving capabilities, nor to email or to a network folder.

You may find the printer datasheet below, as you may see within the 'Fax smart software features' section, it does not offer any digital fax recieve capabilities:

h20195.www2.hp.com/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=4AA4-5713EEE&doctype=data sheet&doclang=EN_GB&searchquery=&cc=uk&lc=en

Within the B&W Laserjet Pro MFPs none of the printer offer such digital fax archiving functionality, a such is offered more wireles on inkjet printers of the Officejet Pro or Officejet Pro X series.

It may be helpful to know where you are from as the models avaiilability varies for different countries.

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ShlomiL
Level 17
Level 17
32,245 31,954 5,487 12,870
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Tim,

The HP Laserjet Pro M251dn does not offer any digital fax archiving capabilities, nor to email or to a network folder.

You may find the printer datasheet below, as you may see within the 'Fax smart software features' section, it does not offer any digital fax recieve capabilities:

h20195.www2.hp.com/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=4AA4-5713EEE&doctype=data sheet&doclang=EN_GB&searchquery=&cc=uk&lc=en

Within the B&W Laserjet Pro MFPs none of the printer offer such digital fax archiving functionality, a such is offered more wireles on inkjet printers of the Officejet Pro or Officejet Pro X series.

It may be helpful to know where you are from as the models avaiilability varies for different countries.

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

Tim999
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Shlomi

I am in australia.   I have an officejet pro x576 that does fax archiving and forwarding to email, so was hoping this model would also have this feature.   I think it is a significant omission not to have this feature as most competeing mono laser  MFP in this price bracket have this feature.

Regards

Tim

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation