cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Marc346527
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Faxing double sided pages

HP Recommended
HP Office Jet 6700 Premium
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
When I want to fax a double sided page I'm always forced to send two faxes one for each side of the page. How can I send my faxes? I've tried the feeder but it won't it thinks I'm done after the first side same as on the glass.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
greenturtle
Level 15
Level 15
13,251 13,199 1,346 3,492
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

The feeder only supports 1 sided scan (fax).  Hence the only way is to scan twice to get the double sided pages to fax.

Thanks.

I am an HP Employee
Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.
0 Kudos
ShlomiL
Level 17
Level 17
31,490 31,201 5,381 12,537
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

A possible workaround would be scanning a two sided document manually via the HP Scan software as the software do not support ADF duplexing (scanning both sides), then fax the document from your PC.

To scan a such open the HP Officejet 6700 software and press on Scan a Document or Photo.

Select Save as PDF, press the Advanced Settings button at teh right pane and select Scan Both Sides (Duplex). press OK, press Scan and follow the steps on screen to reload teh 2nd sie manually, than save the scan.

Now print the PDF by selecting the Fax - HP Officejet 6700 print queue, provide the fax number in teh shown dialog and press Add, then press teh Send Fax button.

If no such option is shown under Advanced settings within teh HP Scan software try HP Scan Extended instead, set the Pages sides as 2-sides (manual), press scan and follow the steps to scan both sides, then print the file to the Fax - HP Officejet 6700 as shown above.

Regards,

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation