Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
hp pro 8710
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

NEED THE  WPS PIN NUMBER TO INSTALL 8710 PRINTER

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

WPS Information:  Best to connect following the User Guide instructions on Traditional Wireless connection with Router.

☑️ Find information here: An 'Enter WPS PIN' message displays during HP printer setup 

☑️ No PIN needed. If your router supports WPS pushbutton method, please watch the following video.

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
HP Recommended

WPS Information:  Best to connect following the User Guide instructions on Traditional Wireless connection with Router.

☑️ Find information here: An 'Enter WPS PIN' message displays during HP printer setup 

☑️ No PIN needed. If your router supports WPS pushbutton method, please watch the following video.

HP Recommended

I found my WPS Pin Number accidently.  

1️⃣ Be close enough to printer to see the display

2️⃣ On your computer, select Add Printer from the Control Panel

3️⃣ When you find your printer displayed select it

4️⃣  When it asked for your WPS Pin take a look at the printer display.  This number is shown at this time, but doesn't stay up long

5️⃣ Type the number into the space provided on your computer screen

6️⃣ Wait while it begins loading the printer.

This worked for me.  Hopefully it will help someone else.  It would be nice if HP would tell you that the number is found on the printer display, because I didn't find it in any of the documentation.   

HP Recommended

Brilliant!  Thank you so much for your post and you r correct, this should have been in the directions that came with

the bloody printer! What were they thinking!

cheers!

HP Recommended

where does it come up? cause i am having the hadrest time and i just want my printer to work

HP Recommended
Where does what come from? If you're referring to the WPS Pin it will appear in the touch pad of the printer. If this doesn't answer your question, please specify. I understand your frustration ... With today's technology it should be just plug and play.
HP Recommended

thanks i was able to find it. but when i was adding  it to my computer i got an error message saying that it coudlnd be added that the file couldnt be found. how can i get the printer to add to my computer im really seriously about to smash like in office space lol. I could just hook it up with a cable but its a wireless printer and i want it to work like one lol

HP Recommended
Make sure that the computer and printer are connected to the same router/IP address. My router puts out 2 signals. Sometimes we lose connection and when I reconnect I have to make sure the printer and computer are connecting to the same IP address or the printer isn't seen/recognized.
HP Recommended

I have tried looking for the WPS device PIN on the screen of my HP 6970 as described in an earlier comment, but did not see a number appear. The problem is not connecting the printer to the home network, but trying to install the printer on a Windows 10 OS computer.  When you go through the "Add Printer" procedure, the printer is found on the network, but when you try to add it, the dialog box asks for a "WPS PIN" for the printer and you cannot proceed without typing in a value.  The dialog box states that the WPS PIN is on the device or on the accompanying documentation, but I can't find it anywhere. Is there some sort of default value?

HP Recommended

I think the essential element missing is how to get the pin from the 8710 of the menu.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.