Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 8453

Hi there,
When I lived in South Africa I used to print with the HP Photosmart 8453. This machine uses the cartridges numbers 100, 134 en 138 for printing. Now that I have moved to the Netherlands I can’t find these numbers in the stores I went into. Is there a place where they are still available?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Greetings @MariusK009

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you have relocated to a different country and are looking to get cartridges for your computer. 

Not to worry, I will be glad to help. 

Do you have a set of cartridges or have some ink left in all the cartridges? (100, 134, 138)

Most HP printer use region specific ink. 

If you visit suresupply.com you will see that the cartridges for Netherlands that are compatible with your printer are (338, 339, 343, 344.)

However, for you be able to use these cartridges, you would need to perform a regionalization reset on the printer. 

To perform or attempt the reset, you would require some ink in all the cartridges of the previous region and a set of new cartridges of the new region. 

Let you know if you have the cartridges ready and I can walk you through the procedure. 

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Chimney_83! Thank for the advise. I will get the cartridges as quickly as possible. When I shake the cartridges I don't hear liquid, so I presume they are either empty or have dried up (have been for weeks in a container. When I have the new cartridges I will be glad to mention so that you may instruct me.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, when you have a set of cartridges from both regions, please let me know and I will be glad to walk you through the process. 

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,
I went to the shop with the numbers you gave me (338,339,343 and 344). They had them all, however the numbers were paired they told me: 338 was black and formed a pair with 343 colour and 339 was black and formed a pair with 344 colour. As I have in my printer 3 cradles (orange, green and black) I asked for a third cartridge and they told me that you can type every colour with these two cartridges.
I don’t know if for printing photos (like my HP Photosmart 8453 can do) an extra cartridge number is available in the 343-serie. I presume that if I only fill two cradles the printer will warn me that there is an empty cradle and refuses to work.
I don’t know what the labels on 338, 339, 343 and 344 look like, but the ones I have bear the following labels:
HP Gray Photo Print Cartridge 100 (middle grey cover) with a light grey, middle grey and black dot, 3 in total;
HP Tri-colour Print Cartridge 134 (green cover) with a middle blue, violet red, lemon yellow dot, 3 in total;
HP Photo Print Cartridge 138 (orange-brown cover) with a light blue, rose, black dot, 3 in total.
So with what do I fill my 3rd cradle if I buy either 338+343 or 339+344?
Thanks for your answer

HP Recommended

Hi @MariusK009,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you wanted to know the correct cartridge numbers for the slot in your HP Photosmart 8453 in Netherlands.

The cartridge number are as follows:

From the left, the first cartridge number is HP 348 and the second cartridge number is HP 344 and the third cartridge is HP 338

You may also check the link: Installing Print Cartridges

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.