cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
lucilgood Tutor
Tutor
10 6 0 4
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Fix for recent HP solution center cannot message

Hello,

I figured out a fix for the problem of the solution center not working message appearing.

Go to Devices and Printers on the START menu.  You will see that the printer is missing that is why you are getting the solution center message and it will not open.

Go to START menu again and find the 'HP' folder under  ALL PROGRAMS

Click on it and then click on the printer name.  Select ADD DEVICE.  This will attempt to add the printer again.  Mine failed and the install of the printer was aborted.  (this only attempts to add the printer; NOT the whole software package).

I had to restart to complete the abort.  When my system restarted the printer was there.  I tested the solution center and it worked. 

I restarted the computer again.  It wanted to configure the new printer.  I allowed it to do this.

I restarted the computer again.  The printer remains AND the solution center is working.

The initial install seem to be missing something when the printer is installed the first time that my attempt to add the device again resolved.

Good Luck

Lucy

3 REPLIES 3
BadPhoenixCops Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had the same problem with my HP 7250C all in one printer and installing in on my new Toshiba netbook. I have Windows 7 - 32 bit.  I must have uninstalled and reinstalled the software 4-5 times.  I was trying to add this printer wirelessly.

Here's what worked for me.  When I got the drivers, I did  a "save" rather then "run".  I also "saved" the 2 critical updates one is for the scanner.

After my install I rebooted.  As exepected, The printer wasn't there and had disappeared..

I went back to the driver download and re ran it.   I click on "connect a new printer."

The software told me I was already connected so I choose the option "add an addtional printer"

The software found the same printer and the wireless IP and I readded  the same printer that i could not find.   It took a while (the software was doing a lot of thinking!!!).  After the install, I rebooted 3 times and it appears to work and fix the problem.

Here's what doesn't work.  If you add a wireless printer and you lose it, don't both plugging into the printer for the fix.  This did create a fix, but only if you are direct connected to the printer and the fix was partial.

In essense, it created a fix where I could print wirelessly, but if I wanted to scan or see my ink levels (anything related to the HP solution center), I needed to plug into the printer.  In hindsight it wasn't terribly awful since I would need to walk to the printer anyway to load my scanned document, but i wanted the full functionality.

I hope this helps and good luck!

0 Kudos
lucilgood Tutor
Tutor
10 6 0 4
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

thanks for the info.  Have tried that in the past.  Now have just the basic software pgm working.  Got tired of reloading windows 7 to fix all the problems it created.

Lucy

0 Kudos
mssmurf Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have been frustrated for weeks with the Solution Center problem with no luck from HP until I accidentally found the FORUM.  Thank you so much for the solution.  It works great.

mssmurf

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation