cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Curiousjeff
Level 3
49 42 0 6
Message 11 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Forum categories

Hi Bill, 

Thanks for taken the time to reply.

That the old forum is read-only is fine. What I don't understand is why it should be turned "off" in nearly 3 months (as per Sven's message on the old forum).

David has a turnkey solution (the kit) and a "lego" solution. The lego approach is endless and the old forum has very precious information to solve various questions like:

1) I want to do macro scan (less then 20 mm), what calibration ?what lens in front of the projector ? what lens on the camera ? 

2) I need a higher precision, how can I use "image grabber" ? How ?

3) I want to scan a car, how to make a large calibration panel ?

4) Should the camera be on the side or above ?

5) Etc...

I believe that it is easy for HP to keep the old forum available.

Regarding categories, a few would be helpful in my opinion, though less then before. It would also probably be  good as marketing tool for HP ( a section like "User scans" would allow a potential new buyer to see what can be done without browsing through the forum).

My 2ct.

Jeff

Level 16
Level 16
32,614 25,991 2,374 8,024
Message 12 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Forum categories

@Curiousjeff - I started a thread here as a place for folks to post examples of their scans.   I will look forward to see what shows up.  If the thread gets popular perhaps it could be made a "sticky" post.  

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"----------V

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation