Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 3512
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Every time I change the ink I have to go through this ritual to "align the ink".  I have to do it over and over because "it won't read the alignment page which was just printed".  So it prints AGAIN!  No wonder I run out of ink each time.  I have read the other comments and HP has failed to add something in the instructions of how to turn off this stupid thing!  Really?  I really am considering not getting an HP .... getting rid of this machine all together if something cannot be done!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Welcome to HP Forums @PH0,

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are facing an issue with your printer not completing the alignment process and you are disappointed. 

Not to worry, I will be glad to help. 

Are you using genuine HP ink?

Are you able to make a copy on the printer?

Every printer when you replace ink cartridges, the printer has to complete the alignment process for the printer to recognize the cartridge and print correctly. Please click here to know more. 

Once the alignment page is printed. Please place the alignment page on the scanner glass and press the Ok button the printer. 

If the alignment fails, please evaluate the alignment page to make sure it is printed correctly.

Clean the printhead and if the issue persists, please contact our phone support for the service options available for your printer. 

Please refer to this HP article for assistance in troubleshooting alignment issues. 

Hope this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.