Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 7520
macOS 10.12 Sierra

Frequently when printing I am getting a general error that says "refer to printer documentation" and thre is a code preceding it:   0x6100000d  This has been ongoing for about a month now and sometimes I can hit ok to bypass it and sometimes I have to shut it off and restart to make it go away.

Please advise.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hey there! @gregalexander, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand you are getting  0x6100000d on your printer.

Don't worry I'd love to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Please try the steps recommended below.

Perform a power reset
Press the Power button () to turn on the product.
With the product turned on, disconnect the power cord from the back of the product.
Disconnect the power cord from the wall outlet.
Wait at least 15 seconds.
Connect the power cord into wall outlet.
Connect the power cord to the back of the product.
If the product does not turn on by itself, press the Power button () to turn it on.
Try to print.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot '0X610000F6' error on your printer.

Let me know if this works!

Have a pleasant day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, that did not help.  

HP Recommended

@gregalexander, It's great to hear from you again. 

I appreciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

As you mentioned the issue still persists after trying out the steps.

Try performing a semi full reset on your printer and check if it helps.

Since the steps to perform semi full reset is confidential I will send you the steps in a private message, please watch your inbox for more information.

If the issue still persists after performing semi full reset on your printer, it is a hardware issue. Please contact HP support for service options.

Link to contact HP.

I'll watch your reply!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I did receive your reply with the semi full reset instructions but they did not apply to my menu options on my printer screen

HP Recommended

@gregalexander, Thanks for your quick response and time.

I appreciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

I have checked the records and according to the records, the semi full reset for HP Photosmart 7520 is valid.

I would be attaching an image of printer control panel with buttons hope it helps.

I'll watch your reply!

Cheers! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I understand the image you sent.  However, I do not understand where to find the "support menu>Resets Menu> Partial Reset" option.  And, my screen looks a bit different thatn the one you attached,  

Support Menu >Resets Menu>Partial Reset 
From the Home Screen after Power On,
Press BL/TL/BR/TL Buttons, in sequence. (Bottom left, Top Left, Bottom Right, Top left keys in a sequence)
Touch Support Menu.
Press Right arrow for Reset Menu and Touch OK.
Press Right arrow for Partial Reset and Touch OK.
Wait for unit to Power Down/Turn Off.
Press Power button to turn the Printer On.

HP Recommended

@gregalexander, Thanks for your quick response and time.

The screenshot which was attached previously is not from your printer control panel it is a different printer. 

I just wanted you to know where the buttons on the printer are located.

Can you share the picture of your printer control panel so I can send you the correct steps?

Hope to hear from you soon!

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Screen Shot 2017-05-22 at 3.29.40 PM.png

HP Recommended

@gregalexander, It's great to hear from you again.

I appreciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

Thanks for sharing the picture.

I have checked the records and I see the light near the home button and the return button is not lit up.

The only light I can see lit up in the picture is the help/ question mark button.

Since you are in the main menu the lights on the printer control panel are disabled try getting into any of the options from the printer control panel. I.e Scan, Copy etc.

The lights should lit up on the printer control panel. And they are not physical buttons you just have to touch the icons to get it activated.

Refer the printer manual for more information.

Note: Refer page 7 for more information.

Hope this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.