Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Deskjet F380
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm not sure if the problem is with the printer or with Microsoft Word, but when I connect the printer to my laptop (via a USB cable), it registers in WOrd but has the error "Paper Out." I've tried installing drivers, the print & scan doctor, everything. It prints out the self-test report fine. Anytime you try printing a document, it goes to the print queue and stays there with no action from the printer. I've tried looking around the HP forums and can't find any help there either. 

Can anyone help fix the issue? I don't know what else to try.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @apk493

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support Forums for a solution to your printing issue.

I understand that you are using an HP Deskjet F380 All-in-One Printer with a Windows 10 computer and although it will print self-test reports, you get a "Paper Out" message when printing from MS Word. I would like to help with that.

You mentioned that you have ran the HP Print and Scan Doctor. Have you tried printing from another program a web browser like Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome? If you can print from another program, then you may be dealing with a MS Word or MS Office issue.

Please let me know how it goes.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Actually, I think I may have solved the problem. A friend of mine suggested deleting the printer from my computer's devices and printers list and reinstalling the drivers when reconnecting. That seemed to solve the problem. Again, not sure if it was a problem with the printer or something else, but it's working fine for the time being.

Thanks for the suggestions.

HP Recommended

Hi @apk493,

Thanks for getting back to me with the good news! Glad to here that you were able to resolve your issue.

Please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons up on my initial reply above so others with similar issues can find the solution easier.

Thanks!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.