cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
TFSJ43065
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HELP! I have replaced my wireless modem. Now my wireless printing doesn't work.

HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 3056A

HELP! I'm stuck! I have replaced my wireless modem and now my wireless printing doesn't work. I think the SSID needs to be the same or something, but I don't have a clue how to make any changes. I have removed the printer from the list of printers on my computer, I have restored the default network settings on my printer. I try to add the printer back on, but my computer does not recognize it. Any detailed instructions on how to update the printer settings and then add it back on to the computer as default so that printing works again would be greatly appreciated. I have some printing I need to get done.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
8lives
Level 14
12,684 12,678 865 1,539
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Press the 3056A Wireless button to display the Wireless Menu.

From the Wireless Menu, select Settings.

From the Settings menu, select Restore Defaults.

Confirm selection to restore defaults. 

You should now be able to connect to your new modem. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
0 Kudos
TFSJ43065
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried restoring the defaults of my printer and still not working. Getting a USB cable for a work-around.

0 Kudos
sabretooth04
Level 14
21,074 20,455 1,540 3,516
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Replacing/changing your wireless router, try here.  

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/wireless-printing-center/reconfiguring-system-help3.html

Make sure your router is set to a fixed wireless channel like 1, 6 or 11, never ‘auto’.  Try channel 1 first then the others one at a time.  Make sure printer and router are at least 5 feet apart.

Make and model of modem and router?

However if you have a Gateway (modem+router) device, all Gateway devices are terrible for wireless connectivity.   If this does not work, suggest you put that gateway device in full bridge mode and install your own high quality router that YOU have full control over.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation