Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi There,

A new Firmware update is now available for the HP LaserJet 1022nw printer. The link is as below:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=bi-117532-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...=

Please update the firmware via USB connection only and it should bring back the Wireless connectivity options.

With Regards.

HP Recommended

Thanks !

Will somebody try it ? I will not flash any new HP firmware before anyone else anymore 😄

HP Recommended

Yes, this firmware restores the WiFi again! Finally! But, at least HP got it fixed...

HP Recommended

I've got my printer updated via network (update via USB didn't go through), and I've got "Wireless" option. Thanks a lot.

HP Recommended

It worked !!!!!!!!!!!!!

HP Recommended

Thanks for the update kamath27!!!  Glad the firmware team finally came through. 🙂

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

Yes, it works! :Surprise:

Thanks for letting us know.

Rich

HP Recommended

Finally and very greatfull! Starting this post some 5 months ago, I now think it can be closed :OpenSmile:

HP Recommended

Hello all.

Well i did the firmware update and yes my printer now has the wireless tab back, but i cannot get it to connect!

Plugging a Enet cable in gives it an IP address which i can trhen logo onto the printers web interface with.

I setup the Wireless to use my SSID and password, unplug the Enet (and reboot) and then the blue Wireless light comes on and is constant. Brilliant i thought.

My router shows the device as being connected wirelessly but when i then try to connect to it (or print) i get nothing.

Printing a setup page shows my SSID but the IP address is 0.0.0.0 (even though my router shows as being 192.168.0.14).

Any ideas?

Thanks for your time.

Warren

PS ive changed it to infrastructure if that matters.

HP Recommended

Hi Warren

Not enough detail on what setup you used but from my experience immediately after buying the printer back in 2008:

- It does not support WPA2 at all and never will.

- It is supposed to support WPA (ie WPA1) but I could never get it to work with any of my routers which had WPA+WPA2 enabled.  At the time I opened a case with HP tech support and after a lengthy and pointless exercise of telling me to try everything I had already tried they basically just said send back the printer for a refund because it cannot do what it says it should on the box :LaughingTears:  Apparently they had no intention of fixing or updating the Wireless firmware beyond the last revision which was 040705, probably because of hardware limitations.

- It works fine if you use WEP (which means it should be able to support WPA because WPA was intended to work on any hardware that supported WEP)

- I have always used static IP address allocation for the printer because I like to configure all my devices to print to that single known IP address, if you're having trouble with DHCP IP address allocation then static is probably the way to go.

Hope this helps ...

Regards

Rich

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.