cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
surf1000
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 1102W printer wont show up on new Comcast Network

We just switched our internet service to Comcast from AT&T.  Our HP 1102W printer will NOT show up on the Comcast network.  Have tried factory reset, uninstall/reinstall, etc.  Get a message that it found the network but printer cannot be set up.  I've also tried WPS and that doesnt' work.  I'm on Windows & and the Comcast router is an ARRIS TG862.  The new home network is 10.0.0.1 and the HP printer still shows 192.168.1.66 which I can no longer access.  Comcast tech support says it cannot help me.  If anyone can help, I would sincerely appreciate it.  Have spent 8 hours to no avail.  Can print with USB cable but not wirelessly.  THANK YOU

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
surf1000
3 2 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I forgot to say my laptop is on Windows 7 and I keep getting this error message:

The printer was able to successfully connect to the wireless network using the wireless credentials provided. However, this computer is unable to communicate with the printer.

Please verify that the printer is on the same network as this computer and, if using WEP, verify that the credentials were entered correctly and try again.

I cannot see the printer on the Comcast network and there is NO ethernet port and WPS isn't picking it up either. Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9
3,397 3,340 104 616
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I want to make sure I understand that the printer was able to successfully get connected to the network, it is just that the computer can not find the printer in order to finish installing it, is that correct?  I do not feel this is an issue with the router at this time, however, here is a link about this model router that verifies it has a defect and no firmware update to fix it that I know of.

I had a similar problem until I updated the firmware for this printer.  Update the firmware and then try the installation again (this link is for a Windows 7 64 bit computer connected via USB).

If that doesn't work, here is a document that should walk you through all the steps I could suggest:

--The Printer Is Not Found During A Wireless Installation--

Check the communication between the printer and the computer as outlined in the document above and let me know if you have any questions.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation