cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
iam_hp
Level 2
10 6 1 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi there,

I followed the instructions carefully when I installed the HP 1102w on my Mac OS X Snow Leopard (10.6.4).

- used the HP installation CD to install the driver in my Mac with the USB attached to the printer

I tried printing a document via wifi, but the printer indicated that the 'printer is offline'. The funny thing is, when I used the USB feature, it works, but via wifi it doesn't.

What can I do from here?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
20,467 20,434 1,425 4,868
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Did the CD indicate that it was for use with 10.6?  Tell me about your network - router brand/model, encryption type (WEP, WPA, etc) and ISP type (DSL, Cable, etc).

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
0 Kudos
iam_hp
Level 2
10 6 1 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

The CD does not indicate wether or not it is compatible with 10.6. But the compatibility of the product does state that it is compatible with 10.6.

I am using AirPort Extreme Base Station (7.5.2) on WPA/WPA2 security. MAC address is not enabled. I am using cable as my ISP.

In terms of the software firewall, I did allow the 'printeragent' for incoming/outgoing needs.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
20,467 20,434 1,425 4,868
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Let's reset the printing system:

- Sys Prefs, Print & Fax
- Right (control) click in the rectangle listing your printers and select Reset Printing System.
WARNING - this will delete ALL of your printers!
- Select the plus sign to re-add it. Look for the printer, select it and wait until the "Add" button becomes available. Click it.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
0 Kudos
iam_hp
Level 2
10 6 1 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

0 Kudos
cindyd
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

hi

this did not work for me 

please help...

this is so frustrating

i just bought a new linksys router e4200 to replace an old one

i was able to connect everything else except my printer maybe b/c its not wireless.

printer says its offline

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation