cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post

Solved!

HP 1200w will not accept my routers password

HP Recommended
HP 1200w
Android 5.0 Lollipop

I have previously used the wireless printer adapter with my former ISP.  After relocating to an new ISP, the device will not accept the password.  Apply not Finish will work.

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Level 14
21,074 20,455 1,540 3,488
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended
New ISP? Did anything else change at all? Any new hardware????
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I moved to new home.  Different router - Cisco.  All other devices I have seem to work well with router and password access.  Printer module s interactive screen allows me to select router and type password, but I cannot press Apply or Finish; only Back button.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 14
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Replacing/changing your wireless router try here. Make sure your router is set to a fixed wireless channel like 1, 6 or 11, never ‘auto’. Try each channel one at a time.

http://www.hp.com/global/au/en/wireless/reconfiguring-system-help3.html

However if you have a Gateway device, all Gateway devices (modem+router) are terrible for wireless performance and connectivity.   If this does not work, suggest you put that gateway device in full bridge mode and install your own high quality router that YOU have full control over. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I was advised by ISP not to replace their router.

Is there another device that I can connect to router (second router or something) that would be accepted to printer module?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Aside from trying to print from Android device, I need it to print from an HP laptow via wireless connection.  Is there a different configuration for that?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 14
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@cyclops-book wrote:

Aside from trying to print from Android device, I need it to print from an HP laptow via wireless connection.  Is there a different configuration for that?

Yes, all explained in the HP web site for your printer.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If possible, could you help to narrow down that for me?  Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 14
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Many thanks!

I'll see what happens.

Marvin

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation