cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
transco
Level 1
16 4 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 130 pen clogging?

My current wide format printer suffers from frequent pen clogs.  I am sure I am putting more ink in the waste reservoir during cleaning cycles than goes on paper.   I no longer print frequently enough to keep the ink from drying in the pens.  I'm considering purchasing the HP 130r as a replacement.   How is it as far as pen clogging goes?  Can you go a week without printing without the pens clogging?  One advantage of the 130 is that the pens are user replaceable, but that could get very expensive if it has to be done frequently.  Can the pens (jets) be cleaned by removing them and wiping the surface with an alcohol swab?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
rainbowlady23
Level 4
109 109 3 26
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 130 pen clogging?

yes you can clean the pen itself by wiping it with  a cotton and lightly moisten it with a distilled water. NEVER use an alcohol because it would definitely  corrode the contacts on the pen.

If you would ask me... HP130r is indeed the best replacement of the HP 130 because the 130r is the upgraded version of the 130. 

---Click KUDOS if you want to say THANKS.
0 Kudos
rainbowlady23
Level 4
109 109 3 26
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 130 pen clogging?

is it still under warranty?

0 Kudos
transco
Level 1
16 4 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 130 pen clogging?

Thanks for the reply and heads up on alcohol vs. water.  I haven't purchased the 130r yet.  The reason I am replacing my Epson 4000 is that the pens are constantly clogging and there is no way to clean them other than flushing them  with relatively large volumes of ink.  I'm spending a fortune on ink cartridges and a lot of that ink (perhaps most) is going in the waste tank.  Unlike the 130, there is no way to access the pens directly without disassembling the head assembly.  I asked the question about the 130 to make sure I wasn't replacing one problem with another.  In addition, from what I've read, the 130 is relatively clog free.

0 Kudos
rainbowlady23
Level 4
109 109 3 26
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 130 pen clogging?

Yup, its supposed to be clogged free but as far as I know, the 130r has an upgraded ink system delivery compared to the 130. Is your printer still under warranty?

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation