Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Rachel1970 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 1536dnf MFP error message 52 - scanner error

I have a all in one scanner, copier etc HP 1536dnf MFP. When I try to anything at all it gives error message #52 scanner error and asks me to switch off and turn on the machine to rectify. This did not work, even after leaving off overnight. Please help!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Professor Professor
Professor
1563 122 443
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 1536dnf MFP error message 52 - scanner error

@Rachel1970 

Thank you for posting your question here on the hp.com forums. Unfortunately, Rachel, this scanner error 52 messgae is a hardware error message (reference doc) and you have already tried the recommend solution. I posted the section below:

52 Scanner Error
The product has experienced an internal hardware error.
Turn off the power by using the power switch, wait at least 30 seconds, and then turn on the power and wait for the product to initialize.
If a surge protector is being used, remove it. Plug the product directly into the wall socket. Use the power switch to turn the product on.
If the error persists, contact HP. For contact information, see www.hp.com/support/ljm1522 or the support flyer that came in the product box.

You have a couple of options that you can check out to see what is available to you:

1. See if your product is still in warrenty by doing a warrenty check (would be my first option but up to you)

2. See if you can do a customer self repair (not sure because this is a scanner assembly and they usually are not a customer self repair)

3. Call HP Support and see what other options they present (probably what I would recommend)

Here is the link to the page that shows all the options (warrenty check, self repait and HP Support options.

Good luck.

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation