Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 2 (24,162 Views)

HP 2015d constantly going OFFLINE... Help please !

Hi,

I have an HP LaserJet 2015d connected by USB to a MacPro running OS X 10.6.2 and the latest HP drivers downloaded from Apple.

The printer is constantly going Offline. I am able to print one job, but then the next time I print the printer shows as Offline. To get it back again, I have to remove the printer driver, turn off the printer, turn the printer back on and re-add the driver.

I have tried everything I can think of including:  

- Loging in with a fresh user account

- Resseting the printing system

- Cleaning out my CUPS and other caches

- Checking the USB cable and ports

- Printing from another computer.

I have a feeling this might be an OS issue as the printer seems to be working fine otherwise. I did not have this problem before upgrading to OS 10.6 "Snow Leopard" 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Matthew

0 Kudos
Student
Message 2 of 2 (23,949 Views)

Re: HP 2015d constantly going OFFLINE... Help please !

Mine is doing something similar.

Just for background, I contacted HP last year and they sent me a firmware update on a SODIMM module.  Sort of irked me a little, as I bought a 256MB SODIMM and there is only one slot.  That was to fix a problem with the device suddenly disappearing off the network.  Only solution is to power cycle.  Here are some good hits to relevant issues:

Laserjet P2015 does not awak from sleep mode

HP LaserJet P2015 firmware upgrade

Firmware upgrade - forum post

2015 always going offline

Laserjet P2015 Formatter Issue Possible Solution!!!!

P2015 formatters - need 50..are they debugged yet?

So this is getting quite long and old, so just go here:

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/categoryhome.do?categoryId=413

and search for 2015 - you'll see after the first couple of pages there are a lot of support pages hits.

So, being that you are using the USB, perhaps it is similar to the problem that others are having here?

I know it's locked up if the green light is on but yet it doesn't respond to any button (i.e., press blue ready button for a second, supposed to print a status page).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation