Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp 2130 printer
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Manual for this printer says "To make a large copy of a small original, scan the original into the computer, resize the image in the scanning software, and then print a copy of the enlarged image."

However, I can't find any way to "resize the image" using the scanning controls in the HP Printer Assistant (which is the only "scanning software" I'm aware of). I can make a selection inside an image, but it stays at actual size. I can't find any control to resize it.

Advice?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@kitand

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand HP DeskJet 2130 can't resize images for enlargements, contrary to manual,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Did you check with other software to enlarge the image? Considering the user guide doesn't specify which software needs to be used as that depends on your preference.

Have you checked any related HP Forums post to find a solution?

If you haven't, Here's a related HP Forums post that seems to have helped others: Click here for the steps.

(Though the header/title may be different, the steps will help resolve your concern).

You may use this link to further diagnose such issues: Click here

Keep me posted for further assistance,

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I had already seen the post about resizing in Microsoft Paint, but doing that is not very convenient.

The manual implies that it is easy and convenient to resize (enlarge or reduce) with the HP scanning software, but that seems not to be the case. 

It seems that the manual should be corrected, or that resizing abilities should be added to the HP scanning software.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, if you are trying to print a photo on a larger paper, you can go through the print settings on the application you are using to print and select the option to "fit to page" or scale to fit.

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

That's a good tip to make some enlargements/reductions a bit easier, but not a solution to the basic problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, please use this workaround at the moment or you can try other applications and check if they provide the feature you are looking for. 

Please do post your technical queries on our Forums for assistance. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.