cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
eskay13
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

HP 2540 not printing centrally, large gap at bottom

HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 2540
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

I am trying to print to a custom size and everytime the top of the print is a nice spacing from the top, but the bottom stops 1/5 of the way up from the bottom!  I've tried everything, altering my custom size so it thinks it's longer etc but does it every time.

I understand about it not being borderless, and that there is a variation in space between the top and bottom but this is far more than that.

5 REPLIES 5
Gemini02
Retired
Retired
16,806 16,907 1,042 2,651
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! I see that you are experiencing issues printing custom size. I would like to help you out today. If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish, to say thanks for my effort to help, click the " Thumbs Up " to give me a Kudos.

Check the driver name that is installed for the printer. Make sure it shows just the printer's name.
Click the Apple menu and then click System Preferences. Click Printers & Scanners, highlight the printer name on the left side and on the right side of the screen it should show the printer's name. (Deskjet 2540)

If the full printer name isn't listed correctly, delete it and add the printer name back in from the list. Click the - sign to delete the driver and then click the + sign to add the driver, might have to click the drop down to select the printer's name to add it in.

I have provided a couple of documents, for custom size printing and changing the print settings, that you can take a look at.

Please let me know the results and if there is anything else I can help you with. Thank you.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
eskay13
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you but I followed all of your instructions exactly (and checked twice!) and still just doesnt print the bottom 1.6cm of the document, missing off about 0.6cm of image that is there.  I am not trying to make it borderless just stopping that high up from the bottom ad not completing the document is ridiculous!

I tried this again multiple times re-do settings as instructions and still no joy. 

Gemini02
Retired
Retired
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @eskay13,

I understand that you are still having the same issue printing the custom size.

What size are you trying to print?

Here is a document with the specifications of the supported custom sizes for the Mac: 89 x 127 mm (3.5 to 5.0 inches) to 216 x 279 mm (8.5 to 11.0 inches)

Source:  Printer Specifications for HP Deskjet 2540, 2545 Printers.

Thank you.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

eskay13
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am trying to print width 210mm height 148mm. Nothing radical!

It stops printing at 132mm and cuts off the last 6mm of image.

Gemini02
Retired
Retired
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @eskay13,

That is really odd. I would try printing the document as an image if you are printing a PDF. 

Here is the link: Print PDF as an image.

Let me know if that helps. Thank you.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation