Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Not sure if its my printer or not, but even the printer it self says replace black cartridge with HP 61 Black (which I already replaced before), but now every cartridge I buy in the store HP 2454 is not listed on the box. can't find any black cartridge supports it. Even after clicking on the Buy option straight from the HP software, it links me to HP 61 cartridge. Can anyone tell me whats going? 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi orange775,

Thank you for using HP products.

DeskJet Ink Advantage 2545 printer uses different ink cartridge as DeskJet 254x printers. Please refer to below table for the ink cartridge information, depend which region you are located.

Please note this printer model only sold in selected countries.

DJ 2545 IA Ink Cartridge.png

Printer Specifications for HP Deskjet 2540, 2545 Printers

https://support.hp.com/sg-en/document/c03811750

Visit HP SureSupply to check ink or toner cartridge compatibility or purchase replacement cartridges and other supplies.
  1. If necessary, select your country/region.
    Figure : Country/region selector
    Selecting your country/region
  2. Follow the on-screen instructions to order new supplies or check cartridge compatibility with your printer.
You can also purchase genuine HP cartridges and supplies from other retailers.

Hope this information helps.

I am a HP employee. I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I live in the US, the 662 you listed doesn't seem to have an option in the US. While I just bought this printer last year from Bestbuy! I actually bought a Black 61 for my first replacement, this was going to be my second replacement, and now that same cartridge isn't an opiton, which is kind of ridiculous. If you have any further information, I would appreciate it. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.