Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

my hp 3070 deskjet printer will not print with the black ink even after just fitting a new ink cartridge with chip  .  i have checked all the diagnostics and all OK.  Any ideas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi dcwuk, have you checked the cartridge is vented properly?

Thanks

Ciara

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27

View solution in original post

38 REPLIES 38
HP Recommended

Hi

Have you checked the cartridge is vented properly? Have you tried cleaning the printhead?

More detail in the link below

Troubleshooting print quality issues

Please let me know how you get on

Ciara

HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue: I followed all the steps, even changed a couple of cartridges but it still doesn't work.

Anything else?

HP Recommended

Hi zambobit, so you've tried all the usual troubleshooting, including cleaning the printhead? I would suggest contacting HP phone support as you may require a replacement.
http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/wwcontact_us.html

HP Recommended

Mines the same it has only just used the cartridges that came with it and this is the first new cartridge install.

It shows the cartridge is there ,the ink levels and no amount of test,alignment ,clean heads and so on has solved the problem. its very annoying and its either going back to PC World in the morning or in the skip depending on what mood I am in. Either way its going to be replaced with an Epson

HP Recommended

Hi dcwuk, have you checked the cartridge is vented properly?

Thanks

Ciara

HP Recommended
Clara, Thank you for your reply,after a frustrating evening I had resolved to return the printer to PC world as it is only 6 months old. Next morning I located the original box,found the receipt and was about to pack the printer when , I thought I would just check and low and behold it printed in black perfectly. Was it fear of being taken back to PC world that prompted it I behave itself or did he cartridge vent itself overnight? So for me the problem is solved at least until the next cartridge change. Regards Steve
HP Recommended

Cheers Steve. Not sure what happened there but glad to hear it's back working anyway.

Thanks, Ciara

HP Recommended

how do u vent it then as i am having same problem! wanting to throw it through window!!!

HP Recommended

To be honest I did not do anything just left it over night and in the morning all was fine.

Have replaced cartridges since and the problem has not re-occured

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.