Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Laserjet 3380
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am running Windows 10 and have a HP 3380 Laserjet printer connected to my PC.  Overall the printer works fine but when I load the ADF with multiple pages and try to scan the multiple pages as one PDF document, only the first page scans and not the remaining pages.  However, loading the ADF with multiple pages and then copying, all the pages are copied but not if I try to scan.  What could be the problem, can someone please assist?

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

Not sure why that is happening.  

Can you try this alternative Scan software:

HP Scan Extended

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/scanners/HPScanExt/HPScanExt.msi

Once it's downloaded and installed, go to Start > All Programs > HP > HP Scan Extended > Run "HP Scan Extended"

Let us know if that works.

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

Thanks for responding.  However, after downloading HPScanExt.msi, it repeatedly fails to install.  I keep getting the following error message:

Windows Installation

This installation package could not be opened.  Contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package.

Where am I going wrong? 

HP Recommended

Hi,

Possible that the software is not compatible with your printer.

Have you tried the HP AiO Remote?  There's a Scan and Capture software in that apps as well.

Go to Windows store and download HP All in One Remote.

This example might be useful:

Windows 10 : Downloading and Installing the HP AiO Remote & HP Scan & Capture Apps

Hope that helps!

HP Recommended

Thanks again for the response.  I tried several times (this time using the Firefox browser) and managed to get HPScanxt.msi installed but it made no difference whatsoever.  

As before, only the first page gets scanned and the scan appears on my desktop.  The remaining pages do not follow and are not included in the scan but, after the first scanned page comes out (albeit partly), the second page slides in a little and then just stops.  After that, the printer displays “Scanner reserved for PC scan” but nothing happens.  Both the first page and the second page then have to be pulled out manually.

I then installed both HP AIO Remote as well as HP Scan & Capture but again in vain.  When HP AIO is launched and I click on Select Printer, it says : “NO PRINTER FOUND”

And when I launch HP Scan & Capture, it says “NOT FINDING YOUR DEVICE” and when I click on Capture Documents, it says “General Failure”.

I then tried HP Print and Scan Doctor and, when I clicked on Fix Scanning, this message appeared: The full software solution for your product is not installed on this computer and when I clicked on Get Installer and  installed  DOT4X64.msi but it did not resolve the problem.

I have even tried uninstalling and then re-installing the printer but still I cannot scan multiple pages.  What could be the problem?

HP Recommended

Hi @graham2017

Not sure why is this happening but seems to be some communication between the PC and printer having issues.

Can you check if you have the latest Win 10 updates?  (also, did this issue occur after a recent Win 10 update?)

Once you have updated Win 10, can you try this Uninstaller from Microsoft and then reinstall the FULL feature software again?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed...

Hope that helps!

HP Recommended

Windows 10 is fully up to date on my PC; only the Feature Update to Windows 10, version 1607 has not downloaded yet.

I did download MicrosoftProgram.Install_and_Uninstall.neta diagcabs and tried all the options.  This message came up when I chose Dot4 from the list of programs:  No problem was found with HP Scan and Capture and HP AIO Remote.

The troubleshooter made some changes to your system.  Try attempting the task you were trying to do before.

Problem found

Corrupt Patch Registry keys                  FIXED

However, it made no difference whatsoever.  I have had the printer connected to my PC for quite some time now but I cannot say the issue occurred after an update as previously I had only used the flatbed scanner to scan single pages and never multiple pages.  It is only now that I tried to scan multiple pages as a single PDF file using the ADF that the issue has surfaced.

Is there anything else I can try?

HP Recommended

Hi @graham2017

We can suggest Webscan. 

The following examples shows how to do that:

Scanning from Chromebook

Scanning Multiple pages from Chromebook

(Webscan is for Mac, PC, Chrome and Linux)

Hope that helps!

HP Recommended

Mine is desktop PC running Windows 10, not a Chromebook.

HP Recommended

Hi @graham2017

We know that.

Webscan is for Windows as well.

We're just using Chromebook to show how it's done, but it's the same for WIndows 10 PC.

Thanks,

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.