cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
AaronA
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP 4500 Officejet Won't connect wireless to my laptop

HP Recommended
HP Officejet 4500 G510n-z
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Printer: HP Officejet 4500 G510n-z

Laptop: HP Zbook 17 G3

I have tried for 5 days and 8 hours of "HP Support" but to no avail have I been able to install the driver for my printer to work wirelessly.  I was, able scouring the forums, able to install the drivers and s/w for scanning and faxing but only if I am connected to the printer USB cable.  According the fine HP documentation and other support forum replies by so-called HP experts and personnel, there should be an easy way to convert from a USB to wireless connection, however I can't find that magical button in the HP Solution Center s/w or anywhere.  I am able to connect wireless, for printing ONLY, via the HP 4500 print driver that came installed with the laptop.  Also, HP Scan Doctor has no problem finding the printer over the network, either.

I have done countless installs, uninstalls, scrubs, etc and nothing works that enables the HP AIO suite to see my printer over the network even though other package do.  Thanks for any REAL help.  Don't tell me to uninstall, re-install, scrub, re-boot, ad nasuem...I want REAL solution not one from a script.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation