cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Runmom91
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

HP 4630 Scan to Computer Can't be enabled on my Mac

HP Recommended

I'm a non-techie trying to work my way through setting up and using all of the features for my new HP 4630.  I got the printer set up on wireless, copier works fine, but when I tried to change the settings so I could scan it keeps saying I don't have the software  to enable.  I've downloaded what HP has on the website as well as the initial setup download, am I missing something that is specific to the scan programming?  

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Cheetah12
Retired
Retired
3,707 4,118 239 423
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Runmom91,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand your brand new Officejet 4630 is stating you don't have the software to enable when scanning a document. I will do my best to assist you! First, I need to find out your operating system on your computer? Mac.

I would recommend following this entire HP document on A 'Computer Not Found' or 'Connection Error' Message Displays during Scanning.

I will be looking forward to hearing from you. Have a great day! Smiley Happy

I worked on behalf of HP.
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Runmom91
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yeah, unfortunately going through all of those steps just takes me back to the same stopping point I was at before, which is when I get the message saying I can't select to connect to the scanner because I don't have the software necessary.  But I don't see where there's software for scanning anywhere on here??

0 Kudos
Cheetah12
Retired
Retired
3,707 4,118 239 423
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for this information.

I still need to find out what is your operating system on your computer? Click here to find out. If you're receiving a message stating you don't have the software necessary, then I would recommend uninstalling the software on your computer. Please follow this HP document on Uninstalling the Printer Software.

Once this is complete, please try downloading the drivers from the HP Website here. Make sure when you're adding this printer that it's not on the AirPrint driver, it should be the Officejet 4630 driver. Please post your results again! Smiley Happy

I worked on behalf of HP.
0 Kudos
sniderbaddog
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My mac is running Mac OS Maverick.  After a power outage, I am gettting an enable scan to computer on the HP 4630 printer and scanner. I have tried everything except uninstalling and reinstalling.

Thank you

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation