Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 5514 printer
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

It seems that I'm in the same boat as many others. My 5514 printer is out of warranty, the machine has not been heavily use. I have been through all the help procedures, I have cleaned the print heads 8 times and still no black. On my printer the heads are not removable so it is difficult to know they are been flushed through. The cartridges are new and the colours are fine but no black. Does anyone have a solution ?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Thanks but I've been through this process 4 or 5 times. I've also been on YouTube and learnt how to clean blocked print heads (8 times) I am reluctant to try and get the print heads out of the machine as it seem a step to far for me. 

HP Recommended

I had the same printer a few years back with the same issue.  Follow Youtube and take the printhead out, it's easy.  Then clean and soak.  Reinstall and be careful of the encoder strip so it goes back under the encoder itself.

Good luck, let us know.

HP Recommended

Before I build up the courage to take out the printhead. Do you think anymore attempts to clean the print heads whilst still in the machine, are fruitless. Bye the way I've carried out this cleaning procedure 8 times already.

HP Recommended

If you do it more than 3 times, you are wasting ink.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.