cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
dslomer64
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP 5530 fails to print all of content of reverse side of paper

HP Recommended
Envy 5530
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Subject line says it all. I get sometimes 1/3 of what should be on back side when printing double-sided, flip page; usually nothing at all. When it "tries" to print on back, it sounds weird, not like it sounds when printing single-sided.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Drakster
Retired
Retired
4,038 3,773 306 604
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support Forums!

I noticed that you're experiencing problems while printing 2-sided documents. I will certainly my best to assist you. 

It is not uncommon for dust or debris to cause problems with paper rollers. It sounds like the paper is slipping in the duplexer paper path. If you can hear noises inside the printer, this generally indicates that there is a hardware problem. 

I recommend that you follow the steps within this guide (even though you don't have a paper jam). The steps within this guide will help address all trouble areas. 
Are you able to perform a 2-sided copy?

If you completed all the preceding steps and your product still has an issue, service the product.

Contacting HP for service in all countries/regions except Asia Pacific.
First, go to Check your product warranty to check your printer warranty status, and then go to Contact HP Support to find an authorized service dealer or to schedule a repair.
Repair fees might apply for out-of-warranty printers.
What you can do, is use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process: 
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect 
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options" 
Step 4. Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number 
Case number and phone number appear. 

Please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

Please respond with the results. I hope you have a great day!

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation