Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
05-20-2017 10:12 AM
I have tried all the possible options show in the HP video
Clean (even though no paper present)
but still its showing paper Jam .,
on start1. the cartridge move freely from right to left , and then right to left
2. but next time there is a sound coming while the cartridge is trying to move and then it says aligning cartridges ,
3. and then alignment fails and then paper JAM comes ,
the cartridge seems stuck while the rollers are moving freely.
I check the bottom gear also but could not found the real problem can some one help me here please.
05-21-2017 01:56 PM - edited 05-21-2017 01:57 PM
Thanks for visiting the HP community. A good day to you. I came across your post where you require assistance regarding paper jams and alignment issues with the printer. I will be delighted to assist you here.
Splendid effort, commendable troubleshooting and superb description of the issue. Kudos to you on that score.
To assist you with accurate information I would require more information regarding this
- Did this happen after a power outage or power surge?
- Have you tried to make a few copies directly from the printer without any communication from the computer?
- Have you checked for any carriage stalls?
If you’ve checked for paper jams, please visit this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-5600-all-in-one-printer-series/441142/model/441143... to troubleshoot carriage jam issues also. Please perform all the relevant steps.
After that please follow the steps to troubleshoot alignment issues from this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-5600-all-in-one-printer-series/441142/model/441143... and check if it corrects the situation.
If the issue continues, then the printer has a hardware issue and needs to be replaced by contacting HP phone support.
HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true
(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.
(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.
(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.
(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.
They will be happy to assist you immediately. If the unit is under warranty repair services is taken care of by the manufacturer’s warranty
Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, please. Please note that I am not overloading you with a lot of troubleshooting steps.
Instead, just like you, I am eager to ensure that the problem gets resolved. So I am providing you with more resources and information at your disposal to deal with the situation better.
Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂 Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂
To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.
If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂
Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂
I am an HP Employee