cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jerrymberger
2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

HP 5660 won't connect to home wireless Mac network

HP Recommended
Envy 5660
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

I've had problems getting my Envy 5660 connected to my home wireless system which runs through an Apple router. After a lot of struggle, my Macbook recognizes the driver (and the printer will produce reports). But sending anything to the printer is fruitless. Suggestions?

After that I will likely need to tackle the issue of having the system recognize two iPhones, so any thoughts on that topic would be appreciated too.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RnRMusicMan
Retired
Retired
14,802 13,833 749 1,784
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Forums! 

I understand that your HP Envy 5660 will not connect to your home network. I am happy to help you with this connection issue! 

What happens when you try printing from TextEdit? Does it work, or give you an error message? 

In the meantime, please try the steps within this guide, 'Printer Offline' or 'Printer Not Responding' Message (OS X), and let me know the results! 

If this, or any of the posts on this thread, has helped you to resolve the issue, please click on Accept as Solution on said post. To show that you 'like', or are thankful of my post, kindly click the thumbs up below. If there is anything else I can do to help, please be sure to let me know!

Thank you for posting, and have a nice day! 🙂
RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

jerrymberger
Author
2 1 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I eventually uninstalled, reinstalled and found the wireless setup wizard link (not mentioned in print instructions). Once that happened, installation was easy. For those of us still accustomed to print as well as online instruction, updating the print instructions is a must.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation