cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
slandow
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 6310 All in One

getting the same error everyone else does - Another program has control.  I have uninstalled the software, uploaded the drivers from HP, reinstalled.  Still getting the problem and can't scan.  i can print no problem.  The scanner was working fine without hesitation.  Didn't use it for awhile and now this.  ugh.  What to do?

This is the other part of the error code:  8, [(0,5,-2147467259)]

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Level 10
4,377 4,354 444 575
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 6310 All in One

slandow, what operating system are you working with? Is it Win8? How is your printer connected (wireless, USB or Ethernet)?

And did you get the drivers off the CD or from the website?

Let me know!
0 Kudos
slandow
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 6310 All in One

I am using Windows 7, a USB connection and the drivers came off the HP Website.  In case i didn't mention it, I was able to scan previously - don't know what happened.  Thanks

0 Kudos
Level 10
4,377 4,354 444 575
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 6310 All in One

I would recommend, slandow, that you uninstall the printer from the computer entirely. This means removing the printer from Programs and Features, Device Manager and Devices and Printers.

Then I will send you a PM with some more directions, that you will have to be sure to follow to the letter. It is very important not to deviate from the steps.

Make sure that the USB cable is removed, and the computer restarted after all that.

Then download the Full-Feature software and drivers from the HP website.

As a folloow up question, do yoy have antivirus software on your computer - and if so, what is it?

Let me know!
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation