Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Aother thought:

Prior to having this problem. we had to uninstall/install the FULL HP driver software.

The HP Solution Center software was not working with our HP wireless  printer (C309g). 

We had installed a new gateway to replace our router, and modem which went bad.

The above process involved having to setup the driver so that the wireless printer would

be reconized by the gateway, then re-setup the laptop with a new printer driver, so that

the  laptop woul be recognized by the gateway, so that the wireless printer would be

recognized by the wireless laptop, via the gateway.

Afterwards, the HP Solution Center was working fine with our wireless laptop & printer.

The "not printing black" problem started about 2 days later.

-DaleBr

HP Recommended

I had the same problem (soaking the printhead 3 times did not work), so I requested a new black cartridge from HP, and that did the trick.

HP Recommended

Hi:

Thanx for your reply.

I found this video on YouTube.

It is for a different HP model printer (than the C309g), but the technology looks the same.

It may be useful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OjJDeRuJ10

-DaleBr

HP Recommended

Mr. Headrick,

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU! Followed your "10 minute Hot Distilled Water" soak directions. WORKED LIKE A CHARM!

20,000 pages over 5 years through an L7590 with #C9381A (YK) & #C9382A (CM) printheads. Lost the Cyan & Yellow, 1/2 of each head.

Total COST = $0.97 for the distilled water plus 30 minutes of my labor. Beats $120 for new printheads!!!

FYI, with these printheads, use 3/4" deep water and set them in vertically so only the nozzles are in the water.

HP Recommended

Brilliant!!! It worked perfectly. Thanks so much!!

HP Recommended

Thank you!!!! This printer wasn't even 2 years old! This solution works!!!

HP Recommended

Well, I did all this, replaced everything and the machine doesn't work.  It reports "Ink System Failure", with this error code.   Oxc19a0041

I cycled the machine off and on about 5 times and each time it reports this same error.

What next step might you suggest?

HP Recommended

Hi.  I stumbled on this thread while trying to find a solution for my Photosmart B210a.  It prints color fine, but after trying 2 new black cartridges & cleaning printhead, it still won't print black ink and now gives me "Alignment failed" message.  THEN I tried to copy in black and found that it copies in black just fine.  I have reintsalled the driver 2 times...Other ideas???

HP Recommended

jmnewmann -- did you get an answer?  I'm having the same issue with my B210a.  Copies in black just fine, but won't print in black.

HP Recommended

@krshepherd wrote:

jmnewmann -- did you get an answer?  I'm having the same issue with my B210a.  Copies in black just fine, but won't print in black.

The copy may be using color ink to make black.  I would suggest you do the troubleshooting steps in this page, if that does not resolve the issue see the solution posted in this thread.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.