Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

HP 650C Designjet plotter

HP Recommended
HP 650C Designjet plotter
Microsoft Windows Vista

Does anyone have a driver that will work with the HP650C Designjet plotter and Windows Vista operating system so I can use my plotter?  Any help appreciated.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Level 16
Level 16
33,080 26,460 2,404 8,548
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

For 64 bit systems you can download the XP x64 drivers from here, then unzip the files into a new folder.  Next go to the Devices and Printers folder, Add a Printer, select the proper port, then select "Have a Disk" and point to the folder where you unzipped the files.  I have used the XP drivers for Vista, Windows 7, 8 and now 10 with my network connected Designjet 650c.

For the Designjet you may have better results posting in the HP DesignJet forum here, that is where the DesignJet experts can be found.  

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for this information.  I have a 32  bit system.  Is there a driver for that?  Baget

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16
Level 16
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The 32 bit version can use the standard XP driver, download it from HP here.  There are several version, an A and B model and 24" and 36" versions of each.  You can find the model number on the back of the machine, just above the power cord connector.  Select the proper model, then download the 32 bit XP version.  Extract the files to a directory you can easily find later, then add a printer, say you have a disk and point at the appropriate directory.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

Highlighted
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you so much.  I will try this and hopefully it will work and i will be back in business.  Baget

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
5 4 1 0
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

"For 64 bit systems you can download the XP x64 drivers from here"

This link doesn't work unfortunately. Has anyone downloaded this driver? and if so any chance of a copy?

Cheers

Dav 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16
Level 16
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The forum has gone through some restructuring, breaking that link.  I included the file as an attachment here.  I also edited the link above, it should work now.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
5 4 1 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks Bob

Just used in on win7 64 bit enterprise and it is currently communicating with plotter 🙂

Many thanks

Dav

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation