cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
me1350
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 6510 Printer - no black print

My HP Photosmart 6515 all in one printer has suddenly stopped printing from the black cartridge.  I replaced the cartridge with a brand new one, thinking it was just dry, but still did not work.  If I print using "Best" quality, you can barely see the characters in light black on the page.  Using "Regular" quality, there is no impression at all.  Have tried replacing the driver, running reallignments, running clean printer cartridges, etc.  All to no avail.  Cannot imagine what has happened.  When I remove the cartridge and touch the ink flow area, it is moist and leaves ink on my finger.  WHAT TO DO???

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Level 16
Level 16
32,654 26,028 2,379 8,064
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The troubleshooting steps in the document here may help resolve black not printing on your Photosmart 6510.  Be sure to go through all the steps, especially check the vents as shown in solution two.

Is your printer still in warranty? You can check with HP's warranty tool here.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"----------V

0 Kudos
me1350
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have done all troubleshooting steps at least twice, including replacing the black cartridge with a new HP 564, cleaning the heads and cartridges with the HP routine, aligning the heads and checking the vent opening on both the old and new cartridge.  Reloaded the 6510 driver, as well.  Rebooted PC as well.  The copy mode of the printer also does not print balck, so it should not be anything to do with the PC.  Again, nothing has worked.  REALLY FRUSTRATING.

0 Kudos
Level 16
Level 16
32,654 26,028 2,379 8,064
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is your printer still in warranty? You can check with HP's warranty tool here.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"----------V

0 Kudos
orangecow
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having the same issue with my HP 5510 printer.  I have done all the steps suggested and my warranty has expired.  Do I have any options left?

0 Kudos
Tags (3)
Retired Leo_Y
Retired
2,551 1,507 10 30
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I saw your post and have forwarded it to the right people to have it reviewed. You should hear back from someone shortly via private message on this forum.

Keep an eye on the PM (Private Message) envelope at the top right corner of each page. When you see a number next to the grey envelope, click it. That's the way you'll be contacted.

If you need to know how to post a private message

click here

Thanks.

I worked for HP.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation