Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Photosmart 6520.

get error:  "server connection error 403

there was a problem connection to server"

This message occurs when trying to scan to email.

Airprint works fine. Scanning to computer works fine.

thank you.

19 REPLIES 19
HP Recommended

Try setting a manual DNS addresses and check if that may help getting the problem resolved:

1. Open the HP Photosmart 6520 icon and then click on Printer Home Page (EWS). the EWS appears.
  2. Click the Network tab, then click on Networking.
  3. Click on Network Address (IP)
  4. Set the DNS Address Configuration as Manual.
  5. Set the preferred address as 8.8.8.8
  6. Set the Alternate address as 8.8.4.4 and confirm the changes.
  7. Next click the Settings tab.
  8. Ensure the correct Coutry/Region is selected.

Close the window and try using the Scan to Email feature again.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended
I have the similar problem. I tried to follow your instructions but do not know how to get access to the 6520 icon and then to the printer home page (EWS). Can you kindly assist me on this? Thank you.
HP Recommended

Hey Cmasia,

If you are having an issue opening the HP Printer Assistant software to proceed to the EWS, then I can provide you another method of accessing this web page.  Please follow the steps below:

1. Load plain white U.S. letter or A4 size paper in the tray, if it is not already loaded.
  2. On the printer control panel, touch the Wireless icon ( ), and then touch Print Info . The printer prints the pages.
Figure 1: Example of the Network Configuration Pages
Image: Example of page one of the network configuration pages.
Image: Example of page two of the network configuration pages.

• On this page one can find the IP Address of the printer (IPv4) section of the page.  Typically this is in the form 192.168.xxx.xxx, but is not guaranteed to be this exact form.
  • Open your preferred browser on your computer (ex. Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, etc)
  • Type the printer's IP Address into the Address Bar of your browser and press Enter
  • This will take you to the printer's embedded web server (EWS)

From here you can follow the helpful information posted by ShlomiL above your post.  I hope this helps.

Jason

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
HP Recommended
Thanks for the help.
HP Recommended

No problem, Cmasia.  I am guessing that these steps were able to get you to the point where you could perform the above steps provided by ShlomiL.  Was this able to successfully resolve your issue at this time?

Jason

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
HP Recommended
Hi
I have also had the same error code 403. I tried the hints listed above but I am still getting the same error code. Therefore I can't scan anything at the moment. Does anyone have any other ideas of what I can do?
Thanks
HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem with not being able to scan to email. This has just started with the 403 error message. I've being able to perform this scan to email for months and all of sudden I can't. I've tried the corrections you've suggested and it doesn't work.

HP Recommended

I've downloaded the scan-to-email app to my printer and I'm still getting the 403 error message. Any other suggestion on how to fix this problem?

HP Recommended
Same as below. All of a sudden cant scan to email. 403 error.
Has worked well in past.
I have no computer, just iPhone and IPad. Tried cold boot, reboots to all units.
Prints fine from phone, IPad and Web.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.