cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
bunny352
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

HP 6600 fax is answering long distance calls; did work fine.

HP Recommended
HP Officejet 6600
Windows XP

My HP Officejet 6600 is suddenly using the fax to answer long distance calls. This may have happened because I had lost power. Wiring hasn't changed. Local calls and answering machine are working just fine. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Zactinium
Retired
Retired
944 904 44 89
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @bunny352 ,

Thank you for joining us on the HP Forums today, hope you enjoy your time with us!

So my name is Zac and I am going to be your HP 1 to 1 Support agent today! I understand you are running into a really interesting issue where your fax will pick up long distance phone calls but will work fine otherwise. I would like for you to check a few things for me.

1. Check that your distinctive ring is set to all rings.

2. Make sure auto answer is "On".

3. Let me know how many rings it takes for your answering machine to pick up. (make sure your fax pick up is 2 rings after that)

Please get back to me with that information and if you need help locating it also let me know what it is you need to find and I'll assist you with that too. Look forward to hearing back from you! Have a great day and wonderful/ safe holiday season! :generic:

I worked for HP.
0 Kudos
bunny352
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The fax machine isn't answering the long-distance calls now and it allows the answering machine to pick it up. The ring is actually different than the ring for local calls now. It used to be the same, but it works. Thanks for your help. 

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation