Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
SGonzalez76 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP 6700 All-in-One will not scan or copy

HP 6700 All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My printer will no longer scan or copy for me.  When I load documents to attempt scan or copy and press "start" the display screen says "starting scan/copy" but does nothing else.  The message stays on the display but printer makes no noise or attempts anything else.   Cannot clear the message from display unless I unplug the power source and replug to reset.

The print features work fine with no issues from either the desktop or wirelessly through other devices.

1 REPLY
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17328 897 2509
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post

HP 6700 All-in-One will not scan or copy

Hey welcome to the HP Forums @SGonzalez76

I understand that you can print, but you cannot copy or scan. I see that resetting the printer by unplugging the power cable seems to get the printer back in a ready state when it locks up but the issue remains. I can't help but wonder if the printer is not getting enough power.  Please make sure the printer is connected directly to a wall outlet and not into a power bar or surge protector. Even if you have been using a surge protector/power bar all this time and you feel it is not the cause, please connect it to a wall outlet just so we can eliminate the power source as the root cause.   Issues when Connected to an Uninterruptible Power Supply/Power Strip/Surge Protector

* In this document you will see, ISSUE: Problems or issues may arise when an HP LaserJet series printer is connected to an uninterruptible power supply (UPS), a power strip, or a surge protector  < This is not limited to Laserjet printers.

If this resolves the issue, please click the Accept as Solution button below to mark your post as solved. If the issue persists, let me know and I will do all I can to help. 

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation