cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP 6700 Office Jet All-in-One Printer Scanning

HP Recommended

I havemy printer set up next to printer and hooked up wireless.(By the way, what is wireless direct?)   The scanning option disconnects a lot whenever the computer goes to sleep.  (Wish I could disconnect that feature)  I always have to go into software and enable or unplug the router and printer and replug.  This is very annoying.  

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 9
2,840 2,849 192 607
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi shirl44,

Here's an explanation for HP Wireless Direct.  

Unfortunately, there is not a way to disable the sleep mode for this printer.  You can adjust the length of time before the printer goes to sleep.  If you press the right arrow button on the screen of the printer and select setup, open up preferences and look for Sleep.  You can choose between 5, 10 or 15 minutes.

You may also want to make sure that the Schedule Off feature is not enabled.

There are steps you can take to help insure you have the strongest wireless connection possible.  

1. It is a good idea to plug the power cord directly to a wall outlet (not a surge protector).  Sometimes when a printer is plugged into a surge protector, the printer does not get the correct amount of electricity and this can cause connectivity issues.
  2. Setting a static ip address is also a very good step to take.

I am linking a document that will describe how to set a static ip address and other steps you can take to improve your wireless connection.  Click Here  Let me know how it goes.

Good Luck !

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.

I appreciate your input ! ___________________________________ _____

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation