Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My 6830 just stopped printing black. Was printing fine last week but the cartridge ran low, so I bought a new 934 XL size black HP cartridge. Now blank pages. Or some color if printing in color, just no black. I think HP sets their printers to self-destruct after you purchase their expensive ink.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I followed the steps to reset, then I ran the advanced cleaning program and it began working properly!

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
HP Recommended

@MikeHimel

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, MKazi is at your service. 

I understand that you have an HP Officejet Pro 6830 e-All-in-One Printer and it does not print the black color. I read that the black cartridge had run out of ink so you replaced it. Not to worry, I'll do my best to assist you with this case. 

Did the printer go through an alignment process after you replaced the black ink cartridge?

While you respond to that, I suggest you to perform the following steps to isolate and fix the issue:

• Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
  • Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
  • Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
  • The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector.
  • Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.

Please perform the steps as described in detail from this HP document. These steps help in fixing various print quality related issues.

Secondly, the below steps from this HP document can be performed to clean the ink cartridge manually:

• Step 1: Remove and inspect the cartridge.
  • Step 2: Clean the cartridge contacts and reinsert the cartridges.

If the black ink fails to print then please reach out to our HP phone support team to check the warranty options for the black ink cartridge. 

Hope this helps. Let me know how this pans out. Good luck! 🙂

HP Recommended

I followed the steps to reset, then I ran the advanced cleaning program and it began working properly!

HP Recommended
I didn’t post the original problem request. But I read this due to an issue I had after changing the black ink cartridge on my 6830. It worked perfectly. Thanks.
HP Recommended

I replaced the black ink.  The alignment process happened.  I must have made about 10 printouts unitl on slowly faded out half way throught the process.  Black will not print at all after that.  Color will print.  I replaced the black printer cartridge twice and perfoemed the clean print head process (3 levels).  

l cleaned the tray and and cartridge.  Sounds like a more serious cause, correct?

I have a HP supplied refurbished printer from late 2015 and many 934/935XL ink cartridges left.

HP Recommended

@Brent023,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

• When was the last time the printer was working fine?
  • Are you facing the same issue when you make a copy?

While you respond to that, I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-6830-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5390307/docum...

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
  • When was the last time the printer was working fine?  A few days ago.
  • Are you facing the same issue when you make a copy?  Yes

I have done all the steps over and over again.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-6830-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5390307/docum...

Thanks.

Brent

HP Recommended

@Brent023,

It is great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

I am sending you a private message suggesting the next course of action.

Please check your private message icon in the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, 

I've got the same problem, I've tried everything in the previous post & this linkhttps://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-6830-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5390307/docum... .

Can you help please?

HP Recommended

@The1Jaycee,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I see from your post you are having issues while printing in black from your HP OfficeJet printer. Don't worry I'll be glad to help you.

Splendid effort and fabulous description of the issue before posting. Kudos to you on that score.  You are a valued HP customer and it is paramount to assist you here. I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. 

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details: 

Have you recently made any changes on the printer before the issue started?

Did this happen after replacing the ink cartridge or while using the existing ink cartridges?

Are you able to make a copy from the printer?

Have you tried to use an alternate ink cartridges and check if that helps.

Could you please respond to this post with the details as this will help me in further assisting you with this issue.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.