cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
CeraYu
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post

HP 6830 Won't print black

HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 6830
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Printer is new. All software installed.

Printer only prints in color. Black doesn't work. When trying to print in black, printer goes through the motions of printing, but page comes out blank. Any Ideas? 

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Gemini02
Retired
Retired
16,806 17,101 1,041 2,643
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @CeraYu,

I see that you are experiencing issues printing in black with the new printer. I would like to help you out today.

Try another application to see you have the same results.

Make a copy to see if it will print in black.

Try and print a hardware self test on the printer to find out if it is a hardware or software issue.

print the network configuration page:
1. From the printer control panel, touch Setup.
2. Touch Reports and then touch Network Configuration Report.

Please try these steps if you are still having issue.

HP Officejet Printers - Color or Black Ink is Not Printing.

If you appreciate my efforts, please click the 'Thumbs up' button below.

If there is anything else I can help you with, just let me know. Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
Pamm61
1 1 0 1
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried your steps to print reports and ofcourse since it is not printing any color altough pages came out there was nothing on the pages.  This is a brand new printer.  There is plenty of ink in the cartridge.  It just stopped working 3 weeks after getting it.  Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Gemini02
Retired
Retired
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Pamm61,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! I understand that you are having issues printing in color. I would like to help you.

Are you getting any error messages?

Please try the steps listed in this document,  HP Officejet Printers - 'One or More Cartridges are Missing or Damaged' Error Displays. Disregard the title.

If the issue continues, please contact  HP Customer Support. Fill in the model number and the form to receive a case number for quicker assistance.

Let me know the outcome. Thank you.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
Carol0312
2 2 0 1
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have had fairly good success cleaning the printer heads manually.  Place a paper towel under the print head and spray with water.  Repeat until the water is clear.  Remove as much water as possible from surrounding area.  Clean printhead.  Don't know if this doesn't work.  I'm going to buy a Brother.

0 Kudos
Gemini02
Retired
Retired
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Carol0312,

This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you are also having issues printing black. Thanks for providing that information.

If you are getting a printhead error or still not able to print in black please check out this document: 'Problem with printhead' Error.

Thank you!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
JJEVERYDAY
2 2 0 0
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You said manually cleaning the printerheads. how did you get it out of the printer, can you send me a video? i cant get the print head out, nor are there any videos or instructions on how to remove the printhead.

0 Kudos
kristruj
1 1 0 0
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same here. This thread isn't very helpful. Did you ever find a solution?

0 Kudos
JJEVERYDAY
2 2 0 0
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended
No i didnt. This forum and Hp support is very unhelpful and incompetent.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation