Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 6940
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I am trying to print documents from my computer using my HP 6940 printer. It has printed correctly in the past; however, it is currently not printing accurate margins. The margins on the document are set correctly but it is not printing that way. I have turned off the computer, turned off the printer, held down power and pushed the other button three times to reset and still get the same results. I have tried to align the printer cartriges, but I do not get that option in my printing preferences. Help!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@gwinningham1,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are unable to print margins properly from your HP Deskjet 6940 Printer.

This issue could occur if the settings on the driver are not correct.

Let's go through a few steps to troubleshoot this issue.

And here's the step by step guide for you in the link: Print Driver Settings Guide (Windows)

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

I installed the new driver and update for the printer and it is still printing the margins incorrectly. This is a new issue. It had been printing correctly prior to April or so. I see that is when the new update was available: Appril 2017. Any other ideas? 

HP Recommended

@gwinningham1,
Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the issue did not resolve after following the steps in the previous interaction.

As we have tried all the possible solutions for this issue, please contact HP phone support for further assistance at the link: www.hp.com/contacthp

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.