Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 6978
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

After 30 years of owning HP printers, i've learned to check the forums before purchasing. Good thing. I'm considering the 6978 and want to be sure I know how it handles envelopes. This is what the online manual says:

HP OfficeJet Pro 6970 All-in-One series User Guide – ENWW  Page 24

To print envelopes (Windows)

1. Load paper in the input tray. For more information, see Load paper.

2. On the File menu in your software, click Print.

3. Make sure your printer is selected.

4. Click the button that opens the Properties dialog box. Depending on your software application, this button might be called Properties, Options, Printer Setup, Printer Properties, Printer, or Preferences. NOTE: To set print settings for all print jobs, make the changes in the HP software provided with the printer. For more information on the HP software, see Printer management tools.

5. Select the appropriate options on the Printing Shortcut tab. To change other print settings, click the other tabs. For more printing tips, see Tips for successful printing. NOTE: If you change the paper size, be sure to load the correct paper in the input tray and set the paper size on the printer control panel.

6. Click OK to close the Properties dialog box.

7. Click Print or OK to begin printing.

Really? I'm supposed to load paper to print envelopes?

C'mon people! Envelopes! Face up or face down!? Closure to the left or to the right? The clock is ticking before I buy a different printer from a different company.

PS: If I was using OSX, I'd be a customer already. Please corrrect this stupid mistake.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.