Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
kristindesigner Top Student
Top Student
5 1 0 1
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 7500A wide format all-in-one paper handling and ink smear problem

Just purchased my 7500A wide format and love the quality so far. I own a home-based stationery business and am using the printer to create color-rich, high-resolution designs.

The first 20 prints were flawless, but then the machine started having trouble with the last inch or so of every document. Instead of just spitting out the paper when the printing was done, the wheels hold on to it and the ink gets smeared. I thought it was a paper type problem, but it is doing this on regular printer paper, 60lb cardstock and scrapbook paper alike.

I check for paper jams and have tried changing the paper type within the printing software dialogue box on my computer. I also updated the firmware.

Unfortunately this is a major problem for me because I often must print out registration marks near the edge to feed the artwork into my die cutter, which has an optical eye to read the marks. Any smear at all and the cutter won't read the marks.

Please help!

6 REPLIES 6
Provost Provost
Provost
12149 11471 966 2918
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi kristindesigner,

Lets do a hard reset, while the printer is on remove the power plug from it. Let it set for about 1 to 2 minutes, and then plug the printer back in. Let me know if this resolves your issue.

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
kristindesigner Top Student
Top Student
5 1 0 1
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The hard reset worked like a charm! Thank you so much for your quick reply; I'm back in business in no time. :)

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
12149 11471 966 2918
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi kristindesigner,

Awesome, Glad to hear the issue has been resolved.

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
0 Kudos
mkg2001 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having the same problem. When my print job is almost to the end, the roller wheels on one side keep their grip on the paper while the rollers on the other side are trying to release, causing the edge of the printing to smear and preventing the printer from releasing the print job without tugging on it. I tried the hard reset and it did not help. Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
kayjay381 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i have this same problem but doing the hard reset did not work for me. i need help. somebody please

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17328 16626 897 2522
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @kayjay381 

I would like to help you with your 7500A wide format printer. I understand you have tried the hard reset and the issue remains unresolved. Does this happen when you print on all paper types and sizes or only on a particular type and size. Also, is the issue specific to 1 program or occur when printing from all programs?

Although the title of the following document doesn;t exactly describe the symptoms you are experiencing, it may help. Please complete all of the recommended troubleshooting steps in this document and let me know the outcome of your efforts; Fixing Ink Streaks, Faded Prints, and Other Common Print Quality Problems

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation