Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 7520 All-in
macOS 10.12 Sierra

I'm trying to print a picture from my iMac on maOS Sierra 10.12.3 uning my 7520 All-in,

Screen Shot 2017-04-24 at 17.01.38.png

but even though I have the presets on Print from Photo tray, the machine insists on using the A4 sheets (I'm in UK) from the plain paper tray. Any advice on what I can do will be appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Hewpal

This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you are unable to print picture from phototray on HP Photosmart 7520 printer. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

• Reset the printer.
  • Remove the power cable from the printer when it is turned on.
  • Press and hold the power button for 60sec.
  • Connect the power cable to printer and directly to the wall outlet.
  • Turn on the printer.

Click here for more troubleshooting steps.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your advice.

I've implemented it to the letter.

Unfortunately it made no difference. When I clicked to print, with the Preset on Print from Photo Tray as before, the machine printed from the Main Tray, on the A4 size paper there.

I then tried printing with the Paper Size set to 4x6in/9x15cm. When I clicked, the machine did take the paper from the photo tray, but what it printed was not the full picture (which you can see on the screenshot of my original posting) but a version at the centre of the image cropped to fit the 9x15cm paper.

HP Recommended

Hi @Hewpal, I am the @Chimney_83. It looks like you were interacting with @sandytechy20, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

I understand that when you print photos, the image is getting cropped. On the screenshot shared by you, there is a button that says show details. Please click on it review the print settings. 

Please refer to this HP Article for assistance in printing photos using a MAC computer. 

Hope this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I did click on Show Details - which was how I managed to change the paper size from A4 to 6x4", with the result described in my previous posting.

Having read your message I clicked on the article you advised, but found nothing in it that addreessed my problem.

However, going back to the Details after reading your message, I decided, while staying with paper size 6x4", to play around with Scale. I went down from 100% by 10% jumps until the image in the frame showed the full original picture - which happened at 60%, and clicked to print.

What I got as a result was the full picture reproduced on the 6x4" paper I had put in the Photo Tray.

So I'm all right now, but amazed at having had to go through all this, including the accidental remedy I've found by trial and error, just to print a picture on the 7520 on the size of paper I'd put in the Photo Tray, which should be the simplest thing in the world.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, recommend you try to print from different applications and check if you are able to scale the photos correctly. 

Please use the print preview option to before you print, as the print is going to be like the way it looks in print preview. 

Alternately, you can contact our phone support as our phone support representative can take a remote of your computer and check the settings for you. 

Please follow the procedure mentioned below to contact our phone support. 

• Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/
  • Enter Product number or select to auto detects
  • Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
  • Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number.

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.