cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
hpbosana
1 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP 7612 color problem

HP Recommended
HP Officejet 7612
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello

I have problem with yelow color. It prints yelow as green. When I open printer and pull out yelow catridge I see green color. How this can be fixed?

Regards

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Bob_Headrick
Level 16
Level 16
33,261 26,617 2,420 8,852
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is caused by color mixing between the cyan and yellow cartridges.  It might be possible to fix this by replacing the yellow cartridge, then running three cleaning cycles to clear out the contaminated ink from the printhead.  More likely the root cause is a damaged printhead, and the problem will reoccur unless the printhead is replaced.

The troubleshooting steps in the document here may help resolve the issue, see the "Colors quality, colors do not match" section.

Colors quality, colors do not match

Low ink levels, incorrect print settings, or a dirty printhead can cause color quality issues on printouts. To resolve this issue, replace any critically low ink cartridges, change the print settings, or clean the printhead.
Figure : Color not printing and poor color quality
Image: Color not printingImage: Poor color quality
Step 1: Check ink levels
Check the estimated ink levels either from the printer control panel or the printer software on your computer. If any ink cartridges are critically low on ink, replace the ink cartridge.
If these steps resolved the issue, you do not need to continue troubleshooting.
Step 2: Adjust the print settings
Adjust the print settings in Windows or OS X.
If these steps resolved the issue, you do not need to continue troubleshooting.
Step 3: Clean the printhead
Use the Clean Printhead tool from the printer control panel or the printer software to clean the printhead. Once the printer cleans the printhead, a test page prints.
The color blocks on the test page should be straight and solid, and any text should be clear and legible. If the print quality on the test page is unsatisfactory, perform a secondary cleaning of the printhead. If these steps resolved the issue, you do not need to continue troubleshooting.
  • If your printer does not have a replaceable printhead and the steps in this section did not resolve the issue, skip to the last section in this document to find service for your printer.
  • If your printer has a replaceable printhead and the steps in this section did not resolve the issue, continue to the next step.
Step 4: Replace the printhead
If you have completed all of the troubleshooting steps above and your printer is still producing poor print quality, replace the printhead.
 CAUTION:
Wait until you have a new printhead assembly available before removing the ink cartridges. HP recommends that you do not leave the ink cartridges outside the printer longer than 30 minutes. This could damage both the printer and the ink cartridges.
If you have a defective cartridge or printhead, it might be under warranty. To check the warranty on your ink or toner supplies, go tohp.com/go/learnaboutsupplies, select your country/region, and then review the limited warranty information for your supplies.
If HP replaces your printhead assembly under warranty, you receive a kit with a new printhead assembly, instructions, and a full set of cartridges. You must install the SETUP cartridges that comes with the new printhead, or a cartridge error might occur.
If your printhead assembly is no longer under warranty, you can purchase a new one online.
  1. If you are in the United States, go to the HP Parts Store website (in English).
  2. Under Find your part(s), type CR322A in the Search by part number text box.
  3. Follow the on-screen instructions to order the printhead assembly.
If you are outside of the United States, go to HP How to Buy website to buy supplies.
If the steps in this section did not resolve the issue, skip to the last section in this document to find service for your printer.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"

0 Kudos
hpbosana
Author
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello

I solve this problem printing 10 A4 full yelow color pages.

Regards

0 Kudos
Bob_Headrick
Level 16
Level 16
33,261 26,617 2,420 8,852
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Glad you resolved the issue, but you may need to keep an eye on things for a reoccurence.  If the issue was caused by a leak in the printhead it will likely reoccur.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation