Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 7640
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have had to totally reboot my HP Pavilion PC after a crash several times. The HP Envy Pritner 7640 no longer connects with the PC but works fine with my lapyop and I can email to it from the PC and it will print. I also cannot get a WIFI connection to the printer, it fails to recognize my WiFi settings. Please advise. Thank-you very much. Eileen

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@emvelez426

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP ENVY 7640 e-All-in-One Printer. I read that the printer does not work with your PC. The printer works fine from your laptop. I read that the wifi connection to the printer does not work. 

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• Presently, is the printer connected via USB to your laptop?
  • Are the printer drivers installed in your PC?

Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Print a wireless test report:

If the test passes then run the wireless setup wizard on the printer by following the below steps:

If the printer still does not connect to the wireless network then please perform the steps as described in detail from this link.

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know how it goes. Good luck! 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi, nothing is working. I uninstalled the printer. I am trying to re install it using the installation CD and nothing is working. I get an endless loop that it cannot conncect via wifi, ethernet or USB cable. I am so frustrated. SHould I buy a new printer for the PC and just use this one for the laptop? Thanks, Eileen

HP Recommended

ALso when I go into settings on the PC, it will not even detect there is a printer connected. E

HP Recommended

I downloaded and installed the printer software from the HP website. Now the PC is saying it detects the printer under settings but I need a WPS PIN but I've never had one and don't know where to find one. I tried 1234 to no avail. Then it did detect the printer but says the driver is unavailable. ARGH!!!  The hardware properties says the device is working properly.

HP Recommended

@emvelez426

Thanks for attempting the steps.

Many routers from an ISP have a label on the rear or bottom that shows the wireless an initial wireless network password. The wireless network password might also be labeled as wireless key, WPA key, security password, wireless password, WPA password, WPA2 password, or WEP password.

This link should help you get the pin.

Let me know the outcome. Thanks! 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.