cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
pfb1010
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 25
Flag Post

HP 8500 Officejet Pro, continuously cleaning and aligning printheads -

HP Recommended

My -- HP 8500 Officejet Pro, is continuously cleaning and aligning printheads - I  cannot get out of this loop. The alingment prinout looks fine. any suggestions.

0 Kudos
24 REPLIES 24
Taza77
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have that same problem. Did you get an answer to the question?

thanks Robin

0 Kudos
Rjg1
2 2 0 0
Message 3 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have this exact problem, too!  Any answers?  Suggestions?

0 Kudos
Binary_Zen
Level 7
821 820 33 165
Message 4 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is a strange issue... Here is what I would suggest, power on the product, open the top lid of the printer, hold the "*" button on the number pad until the printhead move to the left side. Remove the print heads, close the top lid and power off the printer. Wait for 60secs, power on the printer and reinstall the print heads. It should do its normal preparing printer process and initiate an alignment. Let me know if it finished  this time or if it gave and error message on the LCD.

Binary_Zen (worked at HP )

Click the white Kudos star to say thanks
Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem
0 Kudos
jbbeyers
3 3 0 0
Message 5 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It is not documented anywhere but HP Tech support had me to unplug the printer, let it stand for 30 seconds, then plug it back in.  While it was going thru the  cleaning and aligning printheads loop again , hold down the  *  key for 10 (ten) seconds, then release it, this acted as a reset switch, which this model doesnt have.
Amazing, the poblem went away.  Give it a try.

0 Kudos
terrynt9
2 2 0 0
Message 6 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Binary Zen - Tried this, it didn't work. Now it appears that in all it's "clean printhead" routines, the printer has drained a brand new yellow cartridge.

0 Kudos
terrynt9
2 2 0 0
Message 7 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

0 Kudos
BlaqRubi
Level 1
14 13 0 1
Message 8 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is simply RIDICULOUS!!  First it said it needed a new print head,  I paid $70 to replace it. Replacement was no good. I had to spend THREE HOURS on the phone with HP to get them to replace the print head.  I spent $100 at Office Depot for NEW Ink Cartridtes.  THis constant cleaning depleated the THREE color cartridges and 1/2 the BLACK cartridge.   So the NEW print head arrived and it appears the Cartridge is FINE, but now it keep realigning again and again Depleting the ink in one more set of color cartridges. 

I held the "* key for 10 seconds and now it is depleting what ever ink is left in the printer.  I am going to pull the cartridges out and do the 60 second thing in a minute.

Next I will DEMAND hp replace the printer. I have had it for SEVERAL years there is NOTHING WRONG WITH THE PRINTOUTS THIS THING IS CLEARLY DEFECTIVE AND i AM FRUSTRATED TRYING TO FIX THIS PRINTER WHICH HAS HAD NO PROBLEMS FOR YEARS UNTIL I CHANGED A DAYM PRINTHEAD.  HAS NOW DEPLETED 6 COLOR CARTRIDGES AND THE MOST SHOCKING THING IS THERE IS NO PROBLEM WITH THE PRINTOUT ALIGNMENTS, TEST PRINTOUTS  THERE IS NO PRINTING ISSUE.

IS THERE A WAY TO TURN OFF THE ALLIGNMENT??  iF THIS IS NOT RESOLVED TONITE i WILL CONTACT HP TO REPLACE OR REPAIR MY PRINTER AT NO COST TO ME

SIMPLY RIDICULOUS.

0 Kudos
BlaqRubi
Level 1
14 13 0 1
Message 9 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

genuine hp INK COSTS TO MUCH FOR THIS KIND OF NONSENCE. 

0 Kudos
jbbeyers
3 3 0 0
Message 10 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If your warranty has expired, then you don't exist and therefor don't have a problem.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation