cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
prrat Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 8500 a909 'No Scan Options'

I get this error when I push the scan button on the printer. Once I have opened the HP software the button works fine.  When I reboot the PC, I received the error until I start the HP software. I did not have to do this before.  What is needed to be change so it work with the scan button?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
PhD Student PhD Student
PhD Student
668 658 52 260
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Sorry to hear about the problems you've been having.  Have you tried the steps in this document?

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02450835

(expand the + sign next to the OS you are using)

I would suggest using the Print and Scan Doctor tool.  This can sometimes automatically resolve issues like this one.

Hope that helps,

Thanks!

Tara

**I am an HP employee. I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
0 Kudos
prrat Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes I tried these steps. the program does not find any issues.

This only happens when you try to use it first before the HP program launches. The scanner launched the program, now I have to do it manually. Then it works just fine.  I reinstalled the HP solution program.

0 Kudos
PhD Student PhD Student
PhD Student
668 658 52 260
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This isn't the most ideal answer, but someone else on this forum has posted this workaround to fix the problem:

A partial solution to the very annoying "feature" (polite word for bug) of having to manually reactivate the scan to computer for 8500A OfficeJets after every boot is the following:

1.  Start the "HP OfficeJet Pro 8500A A910_" program.

2.  Double-click on "Scanner Actions" (be careful to not click on any of the underlined text).

3.  Single-click on "Activate Scan to Computer" - this will highlight it without firing it off.

4.  Right-click "Activate Scan to Computer" and select "Create shortcut".

5.  Close the "HP OfficeJet 8500A A910_" program.

6.  Find the "Activate Scan to Computer - Shortcut" shortcut on your desktop.

7.  Rename it if you wish, e.g., "HPOJP8500A Activate Scan to Computer".

8.  Cut it from your desktop and paste it to your Windows Start Menu's Startup folder.

Now each time your computer boots, the program will automatically run.

Unfortunately, this is only a partial solution because the program cannot be made to do its thing silently and go away.

It will remain up on the screen until you or someone clicks the "Close" button, though it does activate automatically.

Thanks!

Tara

**I am an HP employee. I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation