Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have an 8600 officejet printer i bought january of 2012. On february 7th my printer has an error of pick motor stalled. This is a home printer that is stored by itself in a closet so nothing happens to it. I called HP and they say they can do nothing because its 9 days out of warranty. WHAT! I work for a medical device company and as good business we would never do that. I did not call 3 months later. I called as soon as I had a problem. What i was told is that i could have purchased an extended warranty at time of purchase. To me that says HP products last 1 yr. This is ridiculous ! I truly think that as a customer who did not call more than ten business days beyond the warranty a company the size of HP would honor this. In looking on line I see others with the same error message. Is that a problem with HP printers. I of course would not have bought one. I was not even offered one at cost. The customer service rep didnt really care because her job is not to. It would be a nice if someone cared.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

I'm so that you are experiencing this issue at this time. Here is a link that may assist you with this problem, and you may not have to get it replaced.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=110&prodSeriesId=...

Another option would be to contact HP Support, and get an extended warranty on the printer, then go from there. 

Let me know if this link help, thanks.

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
HP Recommended

I had problem.

Check paper tray that paper is in correctly and flat

Take paper tray out.

Turn printer on left side

Check the rollers in back for paper stuck in them

Gently turn rollers and clean with clean damp cloth.

worked for me...piece of paper was stuck in roller

HP Recommended

Good suggestions, SLOPhil!  This document goes into a bit more detail, regarding troubleshooting steps to help resolve this issue.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

What does that mean and how do I overcome it?

HP Recommended

Hi cmjohnmd

The pick roller is on the bottom of the printer and the previous document from post message 4 explains how to make sure it is in the correct position and how to do fix it.

Hope this helps.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

THIS WORKED!!! Thank you Phil!!! No wonder you're an honor student!! lol! This is what was wrong ALL ALONG! I had a big ass piece of paper stuck right there in the rollers!! 

THANK YOU AGAIN!!

I am so happy!!

Deana

HP Recommended

THANK YOU PHIL!!! YOU'RE AWESOME!! Exact problem! Listen to this advice...trust me, a teacher, am using this ALL the time! Paper was stuck and never knew it!

HP Recommended

I turned the printer on the left side as suggested, then realized that "Tray 2" is a seperate unit that the rest of the printer just sits on top of.  There was a paper jammed between the two trays.  Problem solved!  Thanks!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.