cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

HP 8620 cannot print though installed

HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8620
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I have an HP 8620 installed on my network and it works well will all but one of my systems.  This systemm shows everything installed correctly and it will show the page in the printer que but it never prints and drops from the printer que like it did.

The machine is a 64bit windows 10 pro on an i7 with 16GB of ram.  It is also current on updates for windows.

Okay the current problem solving I have done to date is to uninstall and reinstall (including using HP Print and scan doctor).  I have removed all HP software and all printers and then just reinstalled the 8620 and the other printer shows up.  The Print and scan doctor finds no issue with the correct printer (192.168.1.127) but cannot connect to the ghost printer (192.168.11.46).  There is no other printer installed according to windows.  The attached images show the installed printers and the HP Print and scan doctor 4.9 with 3 printers connected though only 2 are real.

printers.jpg

2-19-2016 10-26-58 AM.jpg

I can print from web to it on this computer and from other systems in the house so the network and printer side seem good.

So at a standstill and any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
27,093 26,855 2,369 8,675
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@pkozak42

ghost printer (192.168.11.46) appears to be on a different network.

What sort of network setup have you in place to handle the subnet disparity?

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Click my Answer Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dragon-Fur,

I only have one network currently up and the printer shows only connected to the 192.168.1.127 IP address.  The other network is non existent and does not show up anywhere but in the HP Print and Scan doctor but my assumption is when I send a print it routes to the non existent printer.

Any other information you need to help out?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@pkozak42

Assuming you don't have anyone else on your LAN, the "ghost" is perhaps showing up on the wireless network.

Assuming you are using Standard Wireless (as opposed to Wireless Direct), the ghost is showing up on the network and is not a result of an assignment in the Wireless Direct setup.  You can ensure the Wireless Direct setup is actually disabled by toggling the Wireless Direct on the printer front panel, making sure you end up with the setting in the "OFF" / "Disabled" setting.

Printer:

HP Officejet Pro 8620 e-All-in-One Printer

Full Feature Software:

File name: OJ8620_198.exe

Release details

Released: Nov 13, 2015

Version 32.3

-------------------------------------------------------------

Try  / Consider

• Create a Restore Point
  • Download a fresh copy of the Full Feature Software
  • Remove the existing print program from Apps and Features

If you have not yet done so, consider (optional):

else / OR

• If you are already using a Static IP for the printer, ensure that the information in the router is correct

• If Router is standard at 5 GHz, router should be set to enable 2.4GHz (printers like 2.4GHz)
  • Printers like an uncrowded channel; try 11 or channel 6 on the router
  • Ensure the router and the printer are at least 3 feet (about 1 metre) from one another -- too close is as bad as too far away
  • Ensure the router's firmware is up-to-date
  • If "automatic" radio band setting is not working as expected, set the router wireless to 20MHz

• Restart Everything, including the router
  • Check to see which devices are on your network, check wired and WAN connections

• Install the Full Feature Software - watch the installation to ensure the printer connects to the preferred network IP address

• Shut down the computer, wait 15 seconds, boot and log in
  • Check the network connections
  • Print a network configuration page from the printer's front panel

If you like, use the Print and Scan Doctor to confirm information

Help, Suggestions, and Examples:

Install Full Feature Software – Printer

NOTE: If the computer has been recently migrated to Windows 10: Create a Restore Point > Download a fresh copy of the Full Feature software > Remove the existing printer software > Reboot > Install Full Feature Software > Reboot

Section(s) included:

• Preparation
  • Extras and Optional > HP Information, Diagnostics, and Installation Help
  • The Windows 10 Printer Frenzy
  • Restart Everything
  • Download and Installation
  • Remove Printer Software
  • See who and what is on your network

Set Printer as Default

Also...

See Section(s) titled

Method 2 – Chrome Browser > Adjust Default Printer Setting

Method 3 – Set the Printer Default when you change Networks

Dragon-Fur

Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printing issue is resolved for whatever reason had to roll back to an older driver but works fine now.

On the ghost printer, the wireless direct is shut off but the ghost is still there on the HP Scan and Print doctor analysis.  It shows up nowhere else in terms of system or network. 

Since the printing is working I am going to check it up to an oddity as it does not seem to effect anything at this time.

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@pkozak42

I suspect the "good doctor" is lying to you.  Smiling.

If the connection is valid, that is, there is a wireless connection to that address -- then the address should show up somewhere using the many network tools that are available to track devices in the network.

You might try (at your leisure) removing the Print Doctor and then downloading / installing a new copy of that software.

Happy Printing!

Dragon-Fur

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation