cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
rickmutimer
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Solved!

HP 8620

HP Recommended
HP 8620
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi,

I have an interesting problem with my HP 8620. The printer is connected wirelessly to a network. I have 2 laptops that print to the printer, both using Windows 10 32 bit. Laptop 1 will print all documents with no problems at all. Laptop 2 will print 99% of documents faultlessly.

However laptop 2 will 'scrunch up' one line at the bottom of the page on a single page in one specific document, this page has content right at the bottom but is set up as A4. This document is a multi page PDF.

On one other document laptop 2 will miss alternate letters of a heading at the top of a single page. These errors only occur on two specific documents, both multi page PDF. The scrunching on the line occurs at a fixed position on the page.

We print on A4. Page settings and printer properties are all correct and identical for both machines. The confusing issue is that these same documents will print perfectly from Laptop 1 to the same printer. No imperfections at all. We have checked and ensured settings and configuration are the same for both laptops. I have reinstalled drivers as this has to be an issue with laptop 2, however it only occurs on two specific documents, both of which print perfectly from laptop 1.

I have also noticed that the documents do not seem to perfectly centred on the page, they seem to be out by a few millimetres (about 10) and pushed tothe right. Please note we cannot change the design of these documents or alter the content in any way as they are loan contract forms provided to us by a finance company and have to be signed by our customers.

Whilst there is a workaround by simply using only laptop 1 to print these documents this is annoying as it is not always available. If anyone can help I would be grateful. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
greenturtle
Level 15
Level 15
13,548 11,134 1,382 3,496
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

Do try to use another PDF and see if the issue is resolved.

Have a nice day!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
6 REPLIES 6
greenturtle
Level 15
Level 15
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the forum.

Can you try using another PDF program to run on Laptop 2 and see if it resolves the issue?

Also, have you had any PDF updates to laptop 2 that may have caused the issue?

The fact that it's working on Laptop 1 gives us a clue that it may be the software apps (PDF) settings that is causing this.

Thanks.

rickmutimer
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Both laptops are using the same PDF program to view and print, namely Acrobat Reader. The versions are the same and the settings are the same, the last time I checked (yesterday). I agree this must be an app issue rather than a printer issue, however a further confusing item is that this printer was recently replaced under warranty due to a fault. The problem did not exist prior to the replacement of the printer and no changes or updates have been made to either laptop, that I am aware of, in the week or so since the printer was updated.

I will go back and double check the settings in the PDF program to make sure they have not been changed but this will take a day or two as I am out of the office at the moment.

Thanks

Rick

greenturtle
Level 15
Level 15
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

Do try to use another PDF and see if the issue is resolved.

Have a nice day!

rickmutimer
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi

Finally managed to look at this issue. I removed the pdf program and then reinstalled it. The problem is now fixed thank you.

I can only assume there was some problem in the installation of Adobe Reader.

Thanks again
greenturtle
Level 15
Level 15
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Glad to hear that your issue is resolved and all is working well now.

Have a nice day!

carphome50
2 1 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This has helped me too, had a similar quirky issue with PDFs and the 8620. Great printer, love it otherwise, but this drove me crazy the last two days. Now everything is OK

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation