cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 1 0 2
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

HP 8625 Won't feed glossy photo paper

HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8625
Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard

This is a brand new printer (purchased yesterday).  It prints on regular paper fine.  But, when I load glossyphoto paper, I get the message " make sure paper has been loaded in the tray and paper is below the paper line."  It does print on thinner, matte photo paper.  I have tried all of the print settings.  It printed one page for me and now continues to give me the same error message.  I restarted it by unplugging, etc.  All to no avail.  Any help would be appreciated, because I hate to think I need to return the printer tomorrow.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
8,276 7,338 381 838
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @JulieinAshburn,  and welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience!

I see you are having photo print errors. I'd like to help!

I'd recommend removing the ink cartridges, and performing a power reset.  Disconnect the power cord from the printer and the power outlet, then wait 60 seconds. After 60 seconds, plug the printer back in. Ensure you plug the printer directly to a wall outlet. Make sure to bypass any sort of surge protector or power bar.

Also, I have a couple of questions;

What type of photo paper are you using?

Do you have the same issues making a copy?

Good luck and please let me know the results of your troubleshooting steps. If this resolves the issue, click Accept Solution below, so others can find the answer.

Thank you for posting on the HP Forums!

Please click “Accept as Solution " if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks" for helping!

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

"Remember, I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together!" - Red Green.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 2
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I reset the printer, removed the ink, and plugged it straight into an outlet (vs. the power strip).  Did not help.

The paper wont feed if I am trying to make a copy either.

It is regular letter sized paper, but glossy.  I don't know the brand, but it is either from Staples or Costco.  It is thicker than the Matte paper I have, which is why I'm assuming that it won't feed.  But, it is the regular old stuff I've always used.  Any glossy paper is going to be relatively thick.

I have some 4" X 6" glossy photo paper that has just printed fine.  I guess maybe the other paper is just too thick?  If that is the case, how do I ensure that the paper will work?  I don't want to be wedded to just HP paper.

Thanks for any help.

Highlighted
Retired
Retired
8,276 7,338 381 838
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi JulieinAshburn, thanks for getting back to me!

It may be a matter of the density of the paper.  The package should show the papoer size, and I am going to include the supported photo paper types below:

Letter-sized photo paper
216 x 280 mm (8.5 x 11.0 inches)
A4-sized photo paper
210 x 297 mm (8.3 x 11.7 inches)
Photo paper
76.2 x 127 mm (3.0 x 5.0 inches)
Photo paper
102 x 152 mm (4.0 x 6.0 inches)
Photo paper
102 x 152 mm (4.0 x 12.0 inches)
Photo paper
127 x 177.8 mm (5.0 x 7.0 inches)
Photo paper
203 x 254 mm (8.0 x 10.0 inches)
Photo L photo paper
89 x 127 mm (3.5 x 5.0 inches)
Photo 2L photo paper
127 x 178 mm (5.0 x 7.0 inches)
Borderless photo paper
102 x 152 mm (4.0 x 6.0 inches)
Borderless photo paper
127 x 178 mm (5.0 x 7.0 inches)
Borderless photo paper
203 x 254 mm (8.0 x 10.0 inches)
Borderless photo paper
216 x 280 mm (8.5 x 11 inches)
Borderless photo paper
100 x 150 mm (3.9 x 5.9 inches)
Borderless photo paper
89 x 127 mm (3.5 x 5.0 inches)
Borderless photo paper
130 x 180 mm (5.1 x 7.1 inches)

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Please click “Accept as Solution " if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks" for helping!

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

"Remember, I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together!" - Red Green.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having the identical problem with my machine that is now two hours old. Prints on regular copy paper just fine. But will NOT pick up the glossy photo paper from Costco. I've tried all the resets, and yes, even the mysterious "don't use a power strip" trick. It just keeps telling me that the paper tray needs to have paper in it. I've tried the photo paper alone in the tray. On top of ten other sheets. On top of 40 other sheets. All the way, full... everything. If the photo paper is on top, it will not get picked up.

This is the same photo paper that I have used on two other recent HP all-in-one printers. Same that I have used on Epsons and Canons. It simply will not work on this machine. And I see I'm not the only one having a problem. Pretty much a show-stopper if this can't be resolved.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation